Welcome to this three-for post! Jolanda chose the equinox as the theme for the Cardz 4 Guyz challenge # 292. I used the sunflower to represent the equinox, but you will see it stands for so much more. Since today is the fourth Tuesday of the month, it’s also the Pals Fun Fold Blog Hop, and I learned a number of new fun folds over Spring Break last week. Some went really well, a couple others not so much. The layout comes from the Try Stamping on Tuesday challenge # 547. Score!
Here’s. my fun fold card:
Here’s the challenge banner from TSOT #547
Finally, here’s one of the fun folds I made that didn’t turn out the way I thought it would, but I found a new-to-me fold through the process. Originally, I intended to create a double easel card. It didn’t work out that way.
Measurements for the First Challenge Card:
- The Pacific Point base measures 11 inches by 4-1/4 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches.
- The top Basic Black base measures 4-1/8 inches by 10-3/4 inches, scored at 5-3/8 inches. Then, I simply adhered this black card to the front of the Pacific Point base.
- I used white cardstock trimmed to 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches for the inside of the Pacific Point card.
- Starting from the front, both the Daffodil Delight and the Pacific Point DSP is from the Brights 6 x 6 DSP (designer series paper) collection. I trimmed the Daffodil Delight to 5-1/4 inches by 4 inches. The Pacific Point DSP measures 1-3/8 inches by 3-5/8 inches.
- Next, I trimmed the DSP for the second layer to 5-1/4 inches by 4 inches. I also trimmed a piece of this DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.This fabulous black and white pattern comes from the host DSP Pattern Party pack. If you like black and white patterns, this host DSP pack is for you!
- I cropped the open square using two of the square dies found in the Stitched Shapes die set.
Stamping and Coloring:
- Now for the fun, aka stamping and coloring, part. These sunflower stamps come from the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set. Love! The Momento Tuxedo Black ink pad is a must when coloring with blends because it won’t run. I stamped two sunflowers and cropped them out with the sunflower die. Then, I made two sunflower masks out of copy paper to create the middle layer of the card.
- HINT: Don’t use cardstock for a masking layer because it’s two thick. Copy paper works wonderfully. Just remember to take a tiny step back from the edge of the image you are masking. That way, your new image will line up right next to the first image. Does that make sense?
- Finally, I stamped a sunflower on the corner of the inside of the card and on the front, bottom corner of the envelope.
- HINT: When using blends on an envelope, make sure you have a scrap of cardstock inside the envelope so the blends don’t bleed to the back of the envelope. Trust me – don’t forget the scrap.
- I used the dark and light Daffodil blend for the sunflower petals. Next, I used the Old Olive blends combo for the leaves. Finally, I used the Crumb Cake blends combo for the centers of the sunflowers.
- Both the front and middle sentiments come from the Flowing Flowers stamp set, found in the current January – June 2022 mini catalog.
- The inside sentiment comes from the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set.
- At this point, I decided the front needed a little something, so I cropped the Crumb Cake stalks using the sunflower die set.
- The middle part definitely needed something behind the sunflowers. Therefore, I used the scalloped contour dies to crop a Daffodil Delight layer from the cardstock. Then, I trimmed the sunflower layer to size.
- In order to echo the TSOT challenge sketch, I added 3 matte black dots in the top left-hand corner of the outside layer.
- After adhering everything with multipurpose adhesive, I popped the two front sunflowers up on dimensionals.
- Finally, I trimmed the DSP on the envelope flap and punched a 1 inch circle from the Daffodil Delight DSP for the envelope seal.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated fun fold card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Pals Fun Fold Blog Hop:
After finishing here, the other Pals and I would greatly appreciate you hopping along with us for the fun folds. Thanks!
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
Check out the March Savings in Bloom Promotion!
This Mini Stampin’ Cut and Emboss machine WILL be on my next order! The special is available as long as supplies last, so don’t miss out on the machine or the select bundles! 20% off?!?! Yes, please!!
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.