Welcome to the newest Cardz 4 Galz bi-weekly challenge! Helen, our host, chose creating a shaped card for the theme this time. I turned to Pinterest and found a cat shaped card by Debbie Henderson, a Stampin’ Up! demo in Maine. Her stuff is always so creative and I really enjoy getting inspiration from her! When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge website. The other projects are fabulous!
Here’s my card:
After I decided to CASe Debbie’s cat card, I saw Su Mohr’s card on her blog and decided to use the Split Texture die to create dimension on the cat.
Measurements and Assembly:
- The Crumb Cake base measures 4-1/4 by 12 inches.
- Score at 5-1/2, 6, and 6-1/2 inches to create a mountain fold bottom.
- Using a ruler, measure 2-1/8 inches to the center of the top portion of the front of the card.
- Next, I measured down 1-1/2 inches in the center of the card and trimmed from the diagonal corners. This created the ears.
- Using the Artfully Layered stamp set (retired, but I wanted the words and the leaves that look like hearts), I randomly stamped on the front using Crumb Cake ink.
- I cropped 2 of the Split Textured dies from Crumb Cake cardstock. One is upside down, but it adds just a bit more texture to the front.
- Align the split triangle dies and trim the overlap at the bottom.
- Adhere to the front using multipurpose glue. I only put glue on the outside edges and the intersections of the patterns.
- Punch, or crop, 2 1-inch circles from black cardstock for the eyes. Add a basic pearl jewel to each circle.
- Punch, or crop, 2 1-1/2-inch circles in white cardstock.
- I used Petal Pink ink and a splatter stamp for the front of each “cheek”
- Fussy cut one of the small Petal Pink hearts from the Country Floral Lane 12 x 12 inch DSP (designer series paper) for the nose.
- Using the same DSP package, I trimmed strips of hearts on Petal Pink for the whiskers.
- There are dimensionals under the eyes and cheeks.
- I used multipurpose liquid glue to adhere the whiskers and the heart to the front of the cheeks.
- Finally, I tied a bow from the Petal Pink organdy ribbon and adhered it to one of the ears using a mini-glue dot.
- I haven’t added a sentiment on the back yet because I have to figure out who will be getting this cutie for Valentine’s Day.
- With that, I’d finished my shaped card for this challenge.
Thank you for stopping by my blog this morning.
Have a Peachy day!
Sale-a-Bration is now live until February 28, 2023!
Here are some SU! videos regarding the FREE items you can earn! I have to tell you, the first SAB item I earned was the owls stamp set. So, so, so stinking cute!!! They are so easy to fussy cut as well.
Here’s the joining promotion information:
If you live in the U.S. and do not already have a demonstrator, I would love the opportunity to serve you.
If you want to place an order, please do so using the host code Y6CTX7D3 when prompted. Any order for $50 can not only earn a FREE Sale-a-Bration item, but also a product from me!
If you want to place an order of over $150, (think of the FREE Sale-a-Bration items!) please contact me before placing your order so you can also qualify for STAMPING REWARDS, giving you even more FREE ITEMS!
HOST CODE = Y6CTX7D3
Again, thank you for stopping by my blog. Please take another minute to add a comment. I love reading and responding to your thoughts.