Welcome back to what has become bee-central. I promise, I’ve made other cards, but this one fit the bill for a three-fer card. I used three card challenges for this card, The Paper Players # 593, Freshly Made Sketches # 537, and Color Throwdown # 694.
Here’s my card:
Here are the challenge banners that inspired the layout, color combination, and elements:
- The Basic Black base measures 4-1/4 by 11 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches to create a tent-fold card.
- The Pool Party mat measures 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches.
- This woodgrain DSP comes from the Flowering Fields DSP (designer series paper). It measures 4 x 5-1/4 inches. I outlined it using a black Stamping Write Marker to make it really stand out from the Pool Party cardstock.
- AFTER I embossed the Poppy Parade cardstock using the Painter Texture 3D embossing folder, I trimmed it to 4 inches wide. I measured up from the bottom 2-1/2 inches on each side and marked it with a tick. Then, I just eyeballed it to make the point off-center, following the FMS537 layout.
- I used multipurpose glue to adhere all these layers together.
- While I had my trimmer out, I trimmed a coordinating piece of DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- The white cardstock inside panel measures 4 by 5-1/4 inches.
The Front Elements:
- I punched the black cardstock “bee” using my ladybug punch. Then, I punched two sets of wings from vellum cardstock.
- I used some leftover Harvest Meadow DSP to trim the bee’s stripes to 1/8 inch. I trimmed them after adhering them using multipurpose glue.
- The stinger comes from a corner of the same DSP cut down to size.
- To create the top set of wings, I cut one of the vellum sets in half and adhered them with multipurpose glue. Then,, I added the bottom set of wings and adhered them with multipurpose glue as well. I covered the dots of glue using three matte black dots.
- Both the inside and the outside sentiments come from the Happy and Heartfelt stamp set and stamped them with Tuxedo Black ink.
- Next, I trimmed the front sentiment white cardstock to 3/4 inches and punched the chevron using the Banners Pick A Punch. Then, I trimmed a piece of the same DSP that I used for the bee’s stripes to 3/4 inch wide and punched the end using the banner punch. I added dimensionals under the sentiment banner.
- Putting the Pool Party daisy layers together was easy because I already had the pieces punched from Pool Party 6 x 6 inch DSP. I used dimensionals and liquid glue to adhere the flower to the banner.
- In order to be able to accomodate the dimensionals on the banner and flower, I needed to use a double layer of dimmensionals under the bee. Multipurpose liquid glue adhere the part of the bee that overlapped the flower and banner.
- After adding a single matte black dot to the corner of the sentiment banner, I’d finished the front.
- The inside sentiment is also stamped in Momento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Then, I used the daisy stamp from the Daisy Lane stamp set. I used Pool Party ink and stamped them off the bottom of the inside panel. I also stamped one of the daisies on the bottom left-hand corner of the envelope.
- Next, I punched a 1 inch circle from the DSP I used for the bee and sentiment mat to make the envelope seal. Finally, I ran the circle through my XYRON create-a-sticker to finish off the envelope seal.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and seal set.
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
The 2022 – 2023 Catalog is Now Live!!
Here are just a few of my favorite new things. I can not wait for this order to arrive!
But wait, there’s more, and this bonus ends May 31st!
Along with the new catalog, there’s a really fabulous joining bonus! As always, your starter kit is just $99 for $125 of your choice of products. The bonus? Over $66 of the new 2022 – 2024 In Color supplies! You get the following at no extra cost to you:
- In Color Ink Pad Collection
- and In Color Grid Paper
- plus In Color Cardstock Collection
- and the 6 x 6 inch In Color Designer Series Paper Assortments
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
The HOST CODE through May 31, 2022 is E3W722BD.
Again, thank you for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate your comments and your time.