Welcome to InKing Royalty’s November Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are having fun with our stamping favorites – our favorite themes for seasonal cards and projects. This month’s projects feature pretty packages and beautiful tags to inspire your holiday gift-giving. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I wound up making a couple of cards and a tag with the Whimsy and Wonder DSP (designer series paper). The patterns I picked either have gorgeous presents or beautiful holly leaves. Since I am all about non-traditional Christmas colors, this DSP is perfect for me. I actually think I am going to have to order another pack at the rate that I am using it.
Here are my projects:
The inspiration for the fun fold card below came from Jackie Beers’ post, which you can see here..
The inspiration for the following card came from the Try Stamping on Tuesday challenge. Even though I went a little bit overboard, you can see the sketch in my card.
Fun Fold Card:
- If you hop over to Jackie’s post for the fun fold. you will see her absolutely wonderful card AND get the measurements. Really, you want to see her card!
- HINT: The first time I made one of these cards I put all the DSP strips on mats. Don’t do that. Trust me. The card will be too thick and will be very difficult to keep it closed when needed.
- Both the top and bottom tag pieces measure 4-1/4 inches by 1-7/8 inches. Thankfully, I have the tag topper punch, which made creating these tag pieces super easy.
- I stamped the sentiment using Misty Moonlight on a piece of scrap white cardstock, then cropped it with a Stitched So Sweetly die.
- I just cut a length of Blushing Bride ribbon to what I thought would be a good size and threaded it through both tags. Then, instead of tying a knot, I wrapped a piece of linen thread around the ribbon to tie it off. The linen thread picks up the color from the Crumb Cake presents.
- The top and bottom layers of the tag are offset because I wanted to have both beautiful pieces showing. I adhered them in place with a dot of glue and the dimensionals under the sentiment die cut.
- That’s it. Beautiful, but oh, so easy.
- I made a mistake right at the start because I adhered the embossed piece of Blushing Bride cardstock to the base with dimensionals first. I should’ve done that after I had the rest of the front put together. The popped up layer of cardstock made it a tad more concerning because I didn’t want to crush the embossing.
Try Stampin’ on Tuesday #532 card:
- The Blushing Bride base measures 5-1/2 inches by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/2 inches.
- I trimmed another piece of Blushing Bride to 4-1/4 by 5-1/2 so I could run it through the Wintry 3D embossing folder. Since the snowflakes folder is also good for the mini cut and emboss machine, I did have to run it through the machine twice to get the whole piece embossed. Then, I trimmed it down to 5-1/4 by 4 inches.
- HINT: When using the 3D embossing folders, remember to start with a piece of cardstock that’s bigger than what you need. If you trim it first, then emboss it, the cardstock will be too small because of the depth of the embossing details.
- The pretty presents DSP pattern measures 3-1/8 inches by 4-1/2 inches. I also trimmed a piece to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. The Misty Moonlight mat measures 3-1/4 by 4-5/8 inches.
- The snowflake DSP measures 1-7/8 by 4-3/8 inches and the mat measures 2inches by 4-1/2 inches
- Again, I just cut off a length of ribbon and folded it in half to go behind the sentiment panel. I used my favorite Christmas stamp from Perfectly Plaid in Misty Moonlight. Then, I cropped it with the same Stitched So Sweetly die as the tag.
- Time to put everything together.
- The challenge sketch called for a tab between the two pieces of DSP. Instead, I chose to use one of the Wonderful Snowflakes from the Whimsy and Wonder Suite Collection. I am extremely thankful that I bought the whole collection since I got 10% off the bundle. The best part about these snowflakes is that they have a mat finish on the reverse side so you can color them with the Stampin’ Blends. Score!
Putting It Together:
- I put dimensionals under the top, embossed layer of Blushing Bride cardstock.
- The two DSP panels and the snowflake are adhered with multipurpose glue.
- After folding the ribbon in half and tying it off with a piece of linen thread, I adhered the piece that would be behind the sentiment with tear-and-tape.
- The sentiment has dimensionals under it.
- HINT: Be careful of the placement of the dimensionals because you don’t want them to sit on top of the ribbon. The sentiment panel wouldn’t lay correctly if the dimensionals are on top of the ribbon.
- Here’s a look at the inside of the card:
- I used a sentiment from Whimsical Trees and a snowflake stamp from Merry Snowflakes.
- Finally, I punched a 1 inch circle out of the snowflakes DSP and rang it through the XYRON create-a-sticker.
- With that, I had completed this coordinated card/envelope/seal card set.
- I hope you try it. The card looks complicated, but the looks are deceiving. You don’t have to tell anyone how it all came together in much less time than it took me to type out the directions. That will be our secret!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Here’s the HOP line-up in case you get lost.
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Marilyn Jones at Stamp with MJ
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping<———— YOU ARE HERE
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Lisa Graham at Lisa’s Little Ink Spots
Have a Peachy Day!
PPSSTTTTT….. Did you notice that the cardstock and Stitched So Sweetly dies are on sale? For the SEASONAL SALE, cardstock is 10% off, die sets are 20% off, and ink pads are 15% off!! Winner-winner!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
BUT WAIT ——– There’s more!!!
Check out the JOINING INCENTIVE for November!!
You chose up to $125 worth of ANY current crafting products that you want to come in your starter kit… for only
$99 $75 in November! Plus shipping is FREE!
Contact me for more information!!! firstname.lastname@example.org
The HOST CODE through November 30, 2021 is 6CCBCK4A.
Again, thank you for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate your comments and your time.