Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is “Sentiment as a focal point.” We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
This blog hop is all about the sentiment taking center stage on my card. While it isn’t a large or long sentiment, the “you can do this” means everything for this special card. It definitely sits front and center.
Here’s my card:
I need a special card for my aunt, who has been “sprung” from the rehab facility after breaking her hip in June. Therefore, I made another version of Connie Stewart’s fun fold card. You can see the previous one here. Please, please, please follow along with her video and create one of these for yourself. I promise, it is definitely not as complicated as it looks. There’s only one thing that I can add to the video directions: when creating the pop-out section, you are cutting 1-1/2 inches from the top and 1-1/2 inches from the bottom. Somehow I missed that part.
- Balmy Blue backing piece measures 4-1/4 inches by 5-1/2 inches
- Black cardstock pieces:
- Base measures 5-1/4 inches by 11 inches. Score at 1-3/4 inches, 3-1/2 inches, 5-1/4 inches, and 7 inches.
- DSP (designer series paper): if you follow the video, you will see Connie starts with a 6 x 6 inch piece of DSP. She will walk you through the cuts needed. When you are finished, you will have:
- 2 @ 1-1/2 inches by 5 inches,
- 2 @ 1/2 x 3-3/4 inches,
- 4@ 1-1/4 by 2-1/4 inches
- 1@ 1-1/2 inches by 2 inches (I used the gold polka dot DSP)
- I used Balmy Blue cardstock for the front sentiment panel base. This piece measures 2-1/2 inches x 2-1/2 inches.
- The white cardstock pieces:
- 2-14 inches by 2-1/4 inches
- 5 inches by 7-1/2 inches, scored at 3-3/4 inches.
What I Did:
- Before I even started anything for this card, I had some coloring to do. I used the Balmy Blue light and dark blends combo to color all the flowers. After I finished coloring, I decided that I needed some sparkle, but I didn’t want to add any bling. Therefore, I grabbed my clear Wink of Stella and put a couple of layers on the sprays of buds and the black centers of each flower. Wink of Stella tends to be difficult to photograph, but I hope you can see it in the following picture:
- From there, it was just a matter of following along with the video.
- For the front sentiment and the inside of the actual card sentiment, I stamped the matching floral design from the Hand-Penned Petals stamp set.
- There are a few color combinations that I consider classics, and blue, black, and white is one of them.
Back to the Pals’ Blog Hop:
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on October 13th. Our theme will be Fantastic Fun Folds and 3D Projects when participants showcase fun fold cards or 3D items that will be great for any occasion. Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Renae Novak at Blessed By Cards
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Kim Webb at Just Paper, LLC
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this card.
Have a Peachy day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
The Mini-Catalog AND Sale-a-Bration are LIVE!
What’s better than getting a delivery from Stampin’ Up!? Getting a delivery with FREE products inside the box! I have a box en route right now and am hoping it’s here this afternoon when I get home from work! Check out the FREE items from the Sale-a-Bration catalog!