Welcome to the Make My Monday challenge #156. I am hosting this challenge and chose a Fun Fold theme for the challenge starting today, August 30, 2021. I’ve seen the design team projects and they are phenomenal! I hope you will pop over to the challenge blog to see what the rest of the design team created. We all look forward to seeing what you create in our gallery!
I needed a special thank you card using black and gold with “hornets.” (Yes, I know these are bees, but I am taking creative license, so hornets they are.)
Here’s the front of my card:
Now for the WOW! part of this card:
The Video Makes It Easier Than It Looks!
Please don’t be intimidated when you see my card! I used a video tutorial from Connie Stewart for this fold. If you’ve seen any of her videos, you already know she loves quick cards that really WOW the recipient. This card is the same kind of card ~ truly! You will know how relatively easy it was when you follow along with the video. I’d suggest watching the 13 minute video first. Then you can go back and follow the directions for the measurements, which I’ve also included below:
- Gold foil backing piece measures 4-1/4 inches by 5-1/2 inches
- Black cardstock pieces:
- Base measures 5-1/4 inches by 11 inches. Score at 1-3/4 inches, 3-1/2 inches, 5-1/4 inches, and 7 inches.
- DSP (designer series paper): if you follow the video, you will see Connie starts with a 6 x 6 inch piece of DSP. She will walk you through the cuts needed. When you are finished, you will have:
- 2 @ 1-1/2 inches by 5 inches,
- 2 @ 1/2 x 3-3/4 inches,
- 4@ 1-1/4 by 2-1/4 inches
- 1@ 1-1/2 inches by 2 inches (I used the gold polka dot DSP)
- I used the gold polka-dot DSP for the front sentiment panel base. This piece measures 2-1/2 inches x 2-1/2 inches.
- The white cardstock pieces:
- 2-14 inches by 2-1/4 inches
- 5 inches by 7-1/2 inches, scored at 3-3/4 inches.
- After all the pieces are cut, you simply assemble. I found the assembly just fell into place because I had everything precut.
- I used the Golden Honey DSP, gold foil specialty DSP, and the Bees dies for the accents.
- The Peaceful Moments stamp set provided the first two sentiments. Both sentiments inside the white cardstock come from the Best Year cling stamp set.
Please do try this! Connie Stewart’s video really walks you through it step-by-step. I know I will use this fun fold again and again. It’s fabulous!
After you try this, please don’t forget to upload it to the Make My Monday challenge blog! This card also qualifies for the Creative Creases challenge, so post it there as well. I can’t wait to see your creations in both challenges!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this card.
Have a Peachy day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
The Mini-Catalog AND Sale-a-Bration are LIVE!
What’s better than getting a delivery from Stampin’ Up!? Getting a delivery with FREE products inside the box! I have a box en route right now and am hoping it’s here this afternoon when I get home from work! Check out the FREE items from the Sale-a-Bration catalog!
Sale-a-Bration FREE items with a $50 purchase:
Sale-a-Bration FREE items with a $100 purchase:
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.