Welcome to the April, 2022 Sparkles Christmas Buddies Challenge # 135. I am hosting this month, and chose fun folds for the theme. When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge website. The other design team members really hit it out of the park (baseball reference) with their cards!
Once again, I chose to work with the Santa’s Suit stamp set and coordinating dies. I know I used the extra pieces I had leftover from some previous Christmas cards for March, and you can see that card here. However, since I created the March card, I was able to purchase the retired stamp set and coordinating dies and I couldn’t be happier!
Here’s my fun fold Christmas card:
I just posted another double easel card, with a link to the video from Mary Deatherage of Stamps-n-Lingers I used for directions. You can find that post here. The measurements for the bases of this card are the same as my previous double easel card and Mary’s card.
What I Did:
- I used Cherry Cobbler for the major base and Sahara Sand for the easel base. Then, I used coordinating DSP for the layers.
- To create the mounds of snow, I used the layering diorama dies. Who knew, right? But they worked perfectly, at least in my humble opinion.
- To create the shadows on the layers of snow, I used a very dry blending brush and Smoky Slate ink.
- I adhered the bottom snow mounds directly to the DSP layers. The top layers of snow mounds are popped up on dimensionals. Santa, the front sentiment, and the suit pieces also got popped up on dimensionals.
- The suit pieces were all stamped in Momento Tuxedo Black ink and then again using the coordinating stamps in Cherry Cobbler.
- I used two very thin strips of black cardstock for the laundry poles and black baker’s twine for the laundry line. Those cute little clothespins are from the Santa’s Suit stamp and die sets.
I hope you like this stamp and die set because I will, in all probability be using it again as I work my way through making Christmas cards.
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
Check out the 2022 – 2024 New In Colors!
As a demonstrator, I’ve already seen the new 2022 – 2023 catalog and it’s fabulous! I am thrilled to be able to pre-order products on Friday, April 1st (no fooling!). While I can’t show you the inside pages of the catalog, I can share the new 2022 – 2024 In Colors with you! Get ready!
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
The HOST CODE through April 30, 2022 is VRBF62NN.
Again, thank you for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate your comments and your time.