Welcome to the March Sparkles Christmas Buddies challenge #134! Helen chose “Santa Comes to Town” for the theme. Oh, what fun! When you finish here, I hope you hop over to the challenge forum to see what all the other of the design team members created!
Here’s my Santa Comes to Town card:
When I first checked my stamp sets for this card, I found I didn’t have anything with a Santa! The closest I have is the two sentiments on this card from the Perfectly Plaid stamp set. After struggling with ideas, it dawned on me that I had kept three sets of these Santa pieces, and that I knew exactly where they were. Score! Bonus – they were already stamped in Momento Tuxedo Black and Cherry Cobbler, which became the color combination.
The layout for this card comes from the Paper Players #580 sketch challenge.
Here’s the challenge banner:
What I Did:
- The Cherry Cobbler card base measures 5-1/2 inches by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- I used the Buffalo Check DSP (designer series paper) from the host DSP set Pattern Party. I just love a black and white Buffalo check and trimmed it to 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches.
- The black DSP banner measures 5-3/8 inches by 1-3/8 inches.
- Using the scalloped contour die set, I cropped the white focal panel. It needed something to make it pop, so I trimmed a piece of Cherry Cobbler DSP to 3-3/8 inches by 4-1/2 inches.
- Next, I stamped the sentiments and added the black baker’s twine for a clothesline. I attached the knotted ends using mini glue dots.
- Then came the fun part! I added Santa and his clothes. All these pieces are popped up on dimensionals and attached to the baker’s twine using retired mini paperclips. For added interest, I let Santa and his coat hang off the sides of the white scalloped panel.
- Finally, I stamped another sentiment from Perfectly Plaid on the white cardstock for the inside of the card.
- After trimming the DSP on the envelope flap, and punching a 1 inch circle for the envelope seal, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
The January – June Mini Catalog is in Full Swing!
Click on the following image to view the mini catalog in all its glory!
My Favorite Things from the Current Mini Catalog
While the new mini catalog and the Sale-a-Bration catalog are both packed with great products, here are some of my personal favorites.
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.