Welcome to Cardz 4 Galz #164, our first challenge of 2022. For this challenge, Claudia chose the theme of lace and pearls. When you finish here, I hope you will hop over to the challenge page to see the creations by the rest of the design team. I always find it so interesting to see the wide variety of inspiring projects, and I hope you find inspiration there as well.
Here’s my lace and pearls card using the Elegantly Said stamp set and Simply Elegant DSP:
- The Basic Grey base measures 4-1/4 inches by 11 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches to create a tent card.
- I used the diagonal dotted DSP (designer series paper) for the background of the card. It measures 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches. I popped it up on dimensionals to accommodate the ribbon wrapped around the DSP. At this point, I also trimmed a piece of the DSP to 2-1/2 inches by 6 inches for the envelope flap.
- The vanilla and gray DSP measures 2-3/4 inches by 3-7/8 inches.
- I used scrap vanilla for the sentiment banner on the front of the card. The Very Vanilla cardstock for the inside measures 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
What I Did:
- My heat tool was the key to creating this lacy card.
- After using my embossing buddy on the basic gray DSP, I stamped the filigrees in opposite corners using VersaMark. After covering the stamps with Smoky Slate embossing powder, I heat set them.
- While I had all the embossing supplies out, I again used the embossing buddy, but this time on a scrap piece of vanilla cardstock Then, I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark and heat set it.
- Next, I used the triple banner punch to create the triangular ends of the banner. I popped the banner up on dimensionals..
- The most elegant ribbon I had for this card was the Gray Granite shimmer ribbon. After wrapping it around the DSP and the sentiment, I successfully tied it in a bow with which I was relatively happy.
- I used the dark smoky slate blend to color 7 mini basic pearl jewels. When coloring the pearls, it’s imperative to let each layer dry before applying another layer. If you don’t wait, you will just remove the color you just applied.
- There are 3 pearls in opposite diagonal corners on the front of the card. I also added one to the dot over the i .
- I stamped the Happy Anniversary stamp in the middle of the vanilla cardstock for the inside of the card. Then, I added a 1-/2 inch wide piece of DSP on the bottom and stamped the border print from the stamp set on the top.
Here’s the inside of the card:
- Finally, I trimmed the DSP on the envelope flap, punched a 1 inch circle from DSP and ran it through the XYRON create-a-sticker for the envelope seal. With that, I’d finished this coordinated card/envelope/seal anniversary card set.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies: