Welcome to the newest Make My Monday challenge! Caz chose the theme of springtime for challenge #174. When you finish here, I hope you will pop over to the challenge site and be inspired by the projects created by the rest of the design team. I’m always blown away by the talent these wonderful ladies present for each and every challenge.
Yesterday was Mother’s Day in the U.S., and I am sharing my card for my mom. I went with clean and simple with a gorgeous color combination of Poppy Parade, Pool Party, and white. At first, I wasn’t sold on the Flowering Fields DSP (designer series paper). However, I’m now in love and am going to be ordering this DSP quickly before it goes away when the mini-catalog sales period ends. I can see myself using this color combination over and over in the next few months. The DSP does all the work on this card.
Here’s my card:
Measurements and Such:
- I started with a Poppy Parade base measuring 4-1/4 inches by 11 inches, and scored it at 5-1/2 inches.
- The white cardstock layer on the outside measures 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches. I cropped the sentiment from the center of that cardstock since no one will see the ugly center.
- I started with a 4 inch by 5-1/4 inch piece of white cardstock for the inside panel as well. Then I used the scalloped die from the Scalloped Contour dies. I did eyeball the placement of the die so it would be relatively even on both ends.
- The Flowering Fields DSP on the front measures 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches. I outlined the DSP with the brush end of my Poppy Parade marker.
- Next, I trimmed a piece of coordinating DSP from the Flowering Fields papers to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. I used the same DSP for the inside of the card. That piece measures 5-1/4 inches by 1-1/2 inches.
- This Poppy Parade ribbon is too thick, for the lack of a better word, for a bow. However, it works beautifully for a square knot.
- The outside sentiment comes from the Strong and Beautiful stamp set. I used a sentiment from In Your Words for the inside. Even though it’s probably a birthday sentiment, it works for Mother’s Day as well.
- I used a piece of leftover Pool Party cardstock for the mat of the outside sentiment.
- Using my dark Pool Party blend, I colored three basic pearls to match the color combination.
- Finally, I trimmed the DSP on the envelope flap, punched a 1 inch circle and ran it through my XYRON create-a-sticker for the envelope seal. With that, this coordinated card, envelope, and seal set was complete.
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
The 2022 – 2023 Catalog is Now Live!!
Here are just a few of my favorite new things:
I’m so happy that a number of items carried over into this catalog. However, I’m even happier with so many of the new products!
But wait, there’s more:
Along with the new catalog, there’s a really fabulous joining bonus! As always, your starter kit is just $99 for $125 of your choice of products. The bonus? Over $66 of the new 2022 – 2024 In Color supplies! You get the following at no extra cost to you:
- In Color Ink Pad Collection
- In Color Grid Paper
- In Color Cardstock Collection
- In Color Designer Series Paper Assortments
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
The HOST CODE through May 31, 2022 is E3W722BD.
Again, thank you for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate your comments and your time.