Welcome back to another bi-weekly Make My Monday challenge! Our host for #214, Debbie, chose wreaths for the theme this week. When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge site to see the projects by each of the other design team members. We’d love to see your wreath creations in our gallery!
Here’s my fun fold wreath card:
I realized that I don’t really have any stamp sets with Christmas wreaths, so I had to make my own. Once I knew this card was going to be a labor of love, I thought I needed to make it a fun fold to go all out. Full credit for this fun fold goes to Connie Stewart of Simply Simple Stamping. You can find her video here. I used the colors from the Color Throwdown 769 challenge, as shown below. I’m also entering it in the Creative Creases #70 challenge. The DSP, colors, and ribbon I used are retired, but I love the set and haven’t been able to bring myself to sell it.
Can I just say that I’m pretty stinking pleased that I “almost” figured out how to use columns in my post?
- Follow the directions in Connie Stewart’s video (link above) to create the base of the card. I used Mint Macaron for the base.
- The pink snowflake DSP (designer series paper) on the front measures 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches.
- I also trimmed a piece of this DSP to 6 by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. Then, I punched a 1-inch circle of coordinating DSP for the envelope seal, which I ran through my XYRON create-a-sticker.
- The two pieces of white cardstock on the inside flaps each measure 4 by 5-1/4 inches.
Stamping, Coloring, & Cropping:
- Thankfully, I used many scraps for all the holly & berry pieces, along with the trees on the inside.
- First, I stamped more than 20 holly & berry pieces using Smoky Slate ink.
- Then, I added clear Wink of Stella to all the flourish pieces.
- Next, I colored them using the Mint Macaron blends combo and a Blushing Bride Stamping Write Marker.
- Before cropping them all out, I outlined the berries and holly using a Smoky Slate marker.
- For the base of the wreath, I used two of the Stylish Shapes circles and Mossy Meadow cardstock to create a ring.
- Next, I wiped down a piece of white cardstock using my embossing buddy.
- Stamp the sentiment using VersaMark ink and cover with silver embossing powder.
- Heat set with your heat tool and crop using the inner Stylish Shapes circle.
- Use some tear & tape to adhere the sentiment circle to the back of the Mossy Meadow ring.
- Adhere the first layer of holly & berry pieces to the Mossy Meadow ring using multipurpose liquid glue.
- Add the second layer of holly & berry pieces using mini-dimensionals.
- Adhere the ring to the front of the card using liquid glue.
- Create a bow using Mint Macaron ribbon and adhere with a mini glue dot.
- Stamp the ornaments and inside sentiments using Smoky Slate ink.
- I colored the ornaments with the Mint Macaron blends combo and Wink of Stella clear.
- I stamped the last inside sentiment using Smoky Slate ink,
- I cropped the trees from white cardstock. Then, I used a blending brush and Blushing Bride ink to lightly color the trees.
- I had an “oops” when I stamped the sentiment, so I simply stamped it again and cropped it with a Stylish Shape circle.
- I used liquid glue to adhere the trees, sentiment, and lone holly & berry piece on the inside panels.
- Stamp the three lower trees using Mint Macaron ink. Add dots of Blushing Bride using a Stamping Write marker.
With that, I’d finished this labor of love coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Don’t forget about the Online Exclusives!
Here are all the available products through the online exclusives.