Welcome to InKing Royalty’s February Blog Hop! This year’s hops are inspired by our favorite shapes and favorite colors – today’s projects showcase some of Stampin’ Up!’s amazing shades of red. We are excited to share our creations and hope you love them! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
My Hello Ladybug card turned out pretty to be basically clean and simple. I used Poppy Parade, Basic Black, and Basic White for my color combination.
Here’s my card:
What to do:
- The Poppy Parade base measures 11 by 4-1/4 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches to create a tent fold card.
- Trim a piece of black cardstock to 5-3/8 by 4-1/8 inches.
- Run a piece of white cardstock through the Cut and Emboss machine using the Stitched Greenery die.
- While I had the die out, I ran the envelope flap only through the Cut & Emboss machine as well.
- Trim the white cardstock to 4 by 5-1/4 inches.
- Stamp the wings included in the photopolymer Hello Ladybug stamp set in Poppy Parade on white cardstock.
- Load the dots stamp in Momento Tuxedo Black ink. Line up the dots and stamp onto the wings.
- HINT: It might be easier if you color in the dots using a Basic Black Stamping Write Marker.
- Punch two ladybug bodies from black cardstock.
- Punch both sets of wings. Adhere the wings to the bodies using multipurpose liquid glue.
- Add dimensionals under the ladybugs to adhere to the white embossed cardstock.
- Wrap a 16 inch length of the black and white gingham ribbon around the white cardstock and tie in a bow.
- Trim a piece of black cardstock into the tag. Trim a piece of Poppy Parade to mat the black tag. The width of my Poppy Parade mat measures 1-1/2 inches. The length measures 1-3/4 inches from the top to the point.
- Use an embossing buddy to wipe down the black cardstock.
- Stamp the sentiment in VersaMark, then add white embossing powder. Heat set with your heat tool.
- HINT: It is possible to overheat your embossing powder, so pay careful attention while heating. If your heated powder starts to break, you’ve overheated the powder.
- Add dimensionals to the sentiment banner and adhere to the white cardstock so the top is under the ribbon.
- Finally, add three black matte dots to the lower left corner.
I must say that the whole time I was looking at the card to write the directions, I kept thinking that the card was missing something. Then, it dawned on me that I forgot the wiggly eyes.
Here’s the card with the wiggly eyes:
What do you think? With or without the wiggly eyes? Either way, these ladybugs are adorable! I’ve made these in a variety of colors, and they are all so stinking cute!
Back to the InKing Royalty Blog Hop:
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Marilyn Jones at Stamp with MJ. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping <<— YOU ARE HERE!
- Marilyn Jones at Stamp with MJ
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jessica Atchison at Stampin with the Atchisons
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
Have a Peachy Day!
Ten Years of Paper Pumpkin = a FREE GIFT in the March Kit!
Gorgeous, right? Even the box is gorgeous, and getting a FREE gift is always a good thing! Just click on the link above to sign up for your March Paper Pumpkin Kit!
In addition, check out these ONLINE EXCLUSIVE PRODUCTS:
Remember, Sale-a-Bration runs through February 28, 2023! Get in your order now to take advantage of the FREE products you can earn with a qualifying purchase.
HOST CODE: Y6CTXD3
Again, thank you for stopping by today! Don’t forget to leave a comment before you hop on to the next Royal!
That is adorable!!
So cute! The background leaves are perfect for the ladybugs!
Super cute Sue, thanks for all the hints!
What a cute card to showcase red! Of course the ladybugs are perfect! Such happiness in this sweet design!
Googlie-eyed ladybugs were a perfect choice for this hop. Susan! Such a sweet card in red, black and white! Love the texture from the Stitched Greenery Die! So glad you hopped with us today!
Beautiful card. I would go with the googlie eyes, which add a little bit of fun for the recipient. I love the ladybugs. You are inspiring me to use that set for some cute cards. Enjoy your day!
I love this! Such a perfect card for this “hop”!!