Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, our blog hop team made projects to celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Week, which is February 14-20! We hope you will be inspired by all the beautiful creations the Pals made for you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I have a card club at the high school where I teach. This club creates cards to be donated to a local pediatric cancer foundation to be distributed to children in hospitals undergoing cancer treatments. Our latest card uses the Adorable Owls SAB (Sale-a-Bration) stamp set. I was completely inspired by a fellow Pals’ January Hop card, which you can see here.
Here’s my RAK card:
These owls need to be fussy cut, but they can be snipped quickly and easily. I used Picture This die and the Happier than Happy DSP (designer series paper), both of which can be found in the annual catalog.
- The Soft Suede base measures 8-1/2 by 5-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- Next, the Poppy Parade mat measures 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches.
- The Happier than Happy DSP measures 4 by 5-1/4 inches.
- A coordinating piece of DSP measures 6 by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. I also punched a 1 inch circle of the Old Olive fern DSP pattern for the envelope seal.
- The inside panel measures 5-1/4 by 4 inches.
- I used white scraps for the owls and sentiment banner.
- First, I cropped the DSP using the Picture This die and save the circles cropped out.
- Outline the small circles using an Old Olive Stamping Write marker.
- Carefully, line up the Old Olive fern pattern (reverse of the tree pattern) under the Picture This die. I purposely adhered them just off from the circles.
- Line up the tree pattern circle and adhere to the Poppy Parade mat.
- I used the Soft Suede, Poppy Parade, and Old Olive blends to color the owls.
- Next, I stamped the sentiment using Poppy Parade ink and cropped the sentiment using a die from the Stylish Shapes die set.
- I added dimensionals to the underside of the owls and sentiment and adhered them down.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on March 8th, when our theme will be Party Time, showcasing cards/projects that celebrate our family and friends.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose