Welcome to InKing Royalty’s January 2023 Blog Hop! If your craft projects aren’t already filled with hearts, then you might be behind the eight ball. No worries – we are here to help. We are excited to share our heart-filled creations with you and hope you love them! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I used the Sale-a-Bration Adorable Owls stamp set.. Yes, I’ve used them a number of times already. You can see those posts here and here. The second link has the directions and pictures for creating the book binding twisted easeI card. For this hop, I also created another twisted easel card because they are so easy and fast. The person to whom you give this card will think it took a really long time to create, but it will be our secret that it comes together in a snap.
Here’s my card:
The Front of This Card:
- Since all the measurements are on the previous post (linked above), I am concentrating on what I did for the front of the card.
- I used the Country Lane DSP from the current mini-catalog for this card. The colors I used, Petal Pink, Balmy Blue, Sweet Sorbet, Mint Macaron, and Mossy Meadow, all come from the paper.
- The SAB catalog contains this Adorable Owls stamp set FREE for a qualifying purchase of $50. One of the card examples has the owls stamped but not colored and I really like the look of them. Therefore, I stamped the owls in Mossy Meadow and fussy cut them out. Fussy cutting for a left-handed person takes more time than a right-handed person because we are going in the opposite (correct?) direction, but it’s so worth it with these owls.
- HINT: Since this ink isn’t the Momento ink, you really need to let it dry completely before using the blend pens. The Mossy Meadow ink will bleed if you try to color it too quickly after being stamped.
- Then, I fussy cut one of the large hearts and another smaller one, both from the Country Lane DSP.
- I used the Sweet Sorbet dark blend for the bowtie, then outlined it with a white gel pen.
- I used the Petal Pink dark blend for the beaks and feet. The light blend is on the ears and torso section.
- On to all the cropping that I needed to do.
- Using the Framed Florets die set, I cropped two ovals – one in Mint Macaron and another in the same DSP I used for the front of the card.
- With the same die set, I cropped two Sweet Sorbet sprays of branches, and three Mossy Meadow individual leaves.
- The cute little butterflies come from the Elephants on Parade die set. I colored them in Balmy Blue and Sweet Sorbet.
- I stamped the sentiment using the Adorable Owls stamp set and cropped it with one of the banner dies from the Stylish Shapes die set.
- I added dimensionals under the owls, the larger heart, and the sentiment.
- After dry-fitting all the pieces, I used multipurpose liquid glue to attach the pieces. Then, I adhered the dimensionals to the front of the card.
- I finished the front of the card off with three basic pearl jewels.
- I used a strip of hearts from the bicycle DSP as a stop for the easel. To do this, I needed to cut the mini-dimensionals in half, then I lined the whole strip with them.
- Finally, I outlined the small heart using my Sweet Sorbet marker and adhered it to the corner of the white cardstock using multipurpose liquid glue.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Back to the InKing Royalty Blog Hop:
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Brian King at Stamp with Brian. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Lisa Graham at Lisa’s Little Ink Spots
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping <<<—–YOU ARE HERE!
Thank you for stopping by my blog today.
Have a Peachy day!
January – April 2023 Mini-Catalog Product Suite
As a hobbyist (looking to grow) demonstrator, I am usually very selective with purchases for the mini-catalog. However, After getting my paper share from Brian King, I have decided to get this RAIN OR SHINE Suite Collection!! The DSP in the mini-catalog is absolutely adorable, as is the bundle. However, the DSP really needs to be seen, and added to your DSP collection! The description says that this is Specialty DSP, and that doesn’t do it justice! The pages have images that have already been dry-embossed and heat set. The dies for this little suite of happiness match up with the DSP. I am getting ready to place an order for this suite before the end of the week!
Look at all this happiness! Click on the image below to view this full screen.
Here’s the February Paper Pumpkin Kit to Coordinate with the Rain or Shine Suite!
If you live in the U.S. and do not already have a demonstrator, I would love the opportunity to serve you.
If you want to place an order, please do so using the host code Y6CTX7D3 when prompted. Any order for $50 can not only earn a FREE Sale-a-Bration item, but also a product from me!
If you want to place an order of over $150, (think of the FREE Sale-a-Bration items!) please contact me before placing your order so you can also qualify for STAMPING REWARDS, giving you even more FREE ITEMS!