Welcome to the Make My Monday #184 two-week challenge! Our host this week is also our fearless leader, Caz. She chose autumn flora or fauna, of which I chose autumn flora. When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge site to get inspired by the rest of the design team. I’d love to see what you create posted in our gallery. In the meantime stay safe and craft on.
Here’s my autumn flora card:
Once again, I used the Fond of Autumn bundle of a stamp set and coordinating dies. I usually need to make about 25 Thanksgiving cards and this year is no different. Even though I usually create individual cards for everyone, this year I will be creating eight of each of the cards I’ve already created., including this one. You can see my other cards using this bundle here and here.
One of the reasons I love this bundle is because of the versatile dies for the large stamp! The first die for the large stamp will crop the whole image at once. However, the second die really steals the show, and I used it on this card. The second die will crop the image into four separate pieces, as shown below:
- The Old Olive base measures 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 to create a tent fold card.
- I used two of the deckled rectangle dies; one for the Crushed Curry DSP (designer series paper) layer and one for the Crumb Cake DSP layer. Both of these deckled rectangles were outlined using the Soft Suede marker.
- I also trimmed a piece of the Crumb Cake DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. At this point, I also punched a 1 inch circle from the Crushed Curry layer for the envelope seal. The punched seal is behind the Crumb Cake DSP, so no one will be the wiser.
- I cropped the white cardstock for the inside of the card to 4 by 5-1/4 inches.
- That’s it for the measurements.
Stamping, Cropping, and Coloring:
- First, I stamped the large floral image twice using my Momento Tuxedo Black ink pad. Positioned carefully, you can get both stamped images on one piece of 4-1/4 by 5-1/2 inch piece of cardstock. In addition, I stamped the single flower and single acorn from the stamp set on either bottom corner of the inside of the card.
- I cropped one of them using the whole outline die. I cropped the second one using the four part die and colored just this one.
- The blends I used were the combos for the following colors:
- Mossy Meadow for the oak leaves
- Old Olive for the smaller leaves
- Pumpkin Pie for the berry-looking parts
- Bumblebee (retired) for the petals of the flowers
- Crumb Cake for the inside of the flowers and the bottom of the acorns
- Soft Suede for the tops of the acorns.
- I used my Blackberry Bliss marker for the seeds surrounding the center of the flowers.
- I stamped the outside sentiment, which comes from a retired stamp set, in Soft Suede and cropped it using a die from Stylish Shapes.
- The inside sentiment, Autumn Wishes, comes from the Fond of Autumn stamp set.
- I used multipurpose liquid glue to adhere the inside cardstock, and both of the deckled rectangle layers. Then, I used multipurpose liquid glue to adhere the uncolored large stamp to the Crumb Cake cardstock. This allowed me to perfectly align the 4 pieces of the cropped colored stamped image. I used dimensionals under the colored image and under the sentiment banner, which I outlined with my Pumpkin Pie marker.
- Finally, I tied a bunny ears bow and used a glue dot to adhere it on the left of the sentiment.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today.
Have a Peachy Day!
Stampin’ UP! Brought Back the Weekly Deals!
Who doesn’t absolutely love saving money with a weekly deal?
Check out the current weekly deals below:
Pair the weekly deals with the clearance rack, and you have some pretty fabulous savings:
If you live in the U.S. and don’t already have a demonstrator, I’d be honored to work with you.
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do, especially since you can earn FREE products with a qualifying purchase!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you an get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
The HOST CODE through September 30, 2022 is W9GCXFZ6.