Welcome to InKing Royalty’s September Blog Hop! This month’s blog hop is dedicated to leaves. As the weather begins to cool, the leaves begin to change colors and fall from the trees. We are excited to share our creations and hope you love them! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Here’s my leafy card:
The Fond of Autumn bundle made creating this card super quick!
- The Cajun Craze base measures 4-1/4 by 11 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches to create a tent fold card.
- I also trimmed a piece of Cajun Craze to 4 by 5-1/4 inches for the background of the card.
- The white cardstock panel on the inside also measures 4 by 5-1/4 inches.
- The last measurement is for the envelope flap. I used a piece of Old Olive 6 x 6 inch DSP trimmed to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches.
Stamping, and Heat Embossing:
- First, I used the large floral/leaf/acorn stamp and Cajun Craze ink to create the background design on the Cajun Craze panel. Since I knew the very center of the panel would be covered, I just worked my way around the outside of the panel. I did rotate the stamp so that the pattern would appear more random..
- Then, I used the Cajun Craze marker to outline the panel and added dimensionals to the back of the panel. I also stamped the bottom of the inside white cardstock panel and the bottom of the front of the envelope. Using a piece of scrap white cardstock, I stamped a small section of the leaves and punched out a 1-inch circle for the envelope seal.
- I wanted/needed this to be a Thanksgiving card, so I used a (retired) Happy Thanksgiving stamp in Soft Suede for the inside sentiment.
- Using a Versamark ink pad, I stamped the same floral/leaf/acorn stamp on white cardstock. In addition, I stamped three of the single leaves. Then, I added black embossing powder and heat set everything.
- Coloring with the blends was a bit easier since the edges were all embossed. I used the Old Olive blends combo, as well as the Cajun Craze blends combo..
- The acorn just peeks out under the sentiment, and I used the Crumb Cake blends combo for that acorn.
- After I finished coloring, I used the detailed die from the bundle. This has to be one of my all-time favorite dies! Just look at the results, which come from another blog post, which you can see here.
- For this card, I used the three pieces on the bottom of the first picture. In addition, I had three of the individually cropped leaves, to which I added dimensionals.
- Next, I cropped the Soft Suede cardstock label using the Painted Labels die set.
- I stamped the sentiment, from the Fond of Autumn stamp set, in Soft Suede and cropped it using a die from the Deckled Rectangles die set (another favorite). To ensure that the sentiment label would pop off the leaves, I outlined it with the Cajun Craze marker and added dimensionals.
- Finally, I folded a length of linen thread in half and tied it in a bow. I added it to the Soft Suede cardstock label using a glue dot.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Back to the InKing Royalty Blog Hop:
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping <<— YOU ARE HERE
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
- Marilyn Jones at Stamp with MJ
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Jessica Atchison at Stampin with the Atchisons
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
Basic Papercrafting Supplies:
Stampin’ UP! Brought Back the Weekly Deals!
Who doesn’t absolutely love saving money with a weekly deal?
Check out the current weekly deals below:
Pair the weekly deals with the clearance rack, and you have some pretty fabulous savings:
If you live in the U.S. and don’t already have a demonstrator, I’d be honored to work with you.
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do, especially since you can earn FREE products with a qualifying purchase!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you an get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
The HOST CODE through September 30, 2022 is W9GCXFZ6.