Welcome to the latest Cardz 4 Guyz two-week challenge! Our host, Jolanda, chose Get a Little Grungy for the theme. When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge site to see the cards from the rest of the design team. I’d love to see you play along and join the gallery!
Here’s my card, for which I used the Rings of Love DSP:
This whole pack of DSP (designer series paper) is stunning! It can be earned FREE with a qualifying $50 purchase during Sale-a-Bration, which runs through the end of the month. At first, I really didn’t think I’d get it. However, as soon as I saw cards created with these prints, I knew I had to have it! Just look at the colors and prints in this paper:
Measurements and Such:
This card came together so quickly and, I think, it falls under the easy-peasy category.
- The Night of Navy base measures 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- The tree pattern DSP measures 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches.
- Using the Deckled Rectangle dies, I cropped a piece of Night of Navy and DSP with the second and third largest dies.
- I also trimmed a piece of the bird pattern DSP to 6 by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. Then, I punched a 1 inch circle from the trees DSP pattern for the envelope seal.
- The white inside panel is trimmed to 4 by 5-1/4 inches. I cropped the sentiment panel from a scrap of white cardstock., I stamped the sentiment from the Peaceful Moments stamp set in Night of Navy. Then, I cropped it using one of the deckled rectangle dies.
- I specifically used the deckled rectangle dies because 1.) I love them, and 2.) they would fit the theme of distressing.
- In addition, I outlined all of the pieces on the front of the card using my Stamping Write Markers. I tried not to be careful so that the markers would wind up adding some distress to each piece. I used Soft Suede for the trees DSP. Then, I used Night of Navy for both the cardstock mat and the sentiment panel. Finally, I distressed the birds DSP using Crushed Curry.
- Next, I adhered the trees DSP to the base and the birds DSP to the Night of Navy mat.
- Then, I cut three lengths of linen thread and wrapped them around the Night of Navy mat and tied them in a square knot. Since the thread is thin, I was able to use multipurpose liquid glue to adhere it to the trees DSP. I purposely adhered that panel just a bit off-center.
- I added mini-dimensionals to the back of the sentiment panel and adhered it to the card.
- The three yellow dots were added to cover an “oops” on the sentiment panel. I didn’t notice the oops until I tried to take a picture, but I wound up with a smudge of blue ink on the sentiment.
- Finally, I stamped the inside panel with another sentiment from Peaceful Moments: You shouldn’t have, but I am glad you did. I’ve learned the hard way that I need to stamp the sentiment before attaching the inside panel to the base of the card.
- With that, I’d completed this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you for stopping by my blog!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Papercrafting Supplies:
Sale-a-Bration runs from July 1 to August 31, 2022. This means you can earn FREE products for two months! Take a look at these Sale-a-Bration products!!
FREE WITH A QUALIFYING $50 ORDER:
NEW ITEMS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE PRODUCTS WHICH ARE FREE WITH A QUALIFYING $100 ORDER:
The coordinating bundle for the Rings of Love DSP is on page 62:
Here’s a link to the new Holiday Mini-Catalog, which runs through January 4, 2023.
Click on the following image to open the catalog:
If you live in the U.S. and don’t already have a demonstrator, I’d be honored to work with you.
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do, especially since you can earn FREE products with a qualifying purchase!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you an get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
The HOST CODE through August 31, 2022 is W4Q23RT4.