Welcome to my two-fer card for today! You already know I enjoy combining two or more challenges, and I’ve done it again with this card. I took the colors from Sunday Stamps Challenge 287 and the layout, which I made into a slimline card, from Try Stampin’ on Tuesday #565. I chose the Kindest Gnomes bundle for the card because I want to show the versatility of this set – it’s not just for Christmas.
Here’s my card:
Here are the challenge banners:
I used Night of Navy, Pacific Point, Tahitian Tide, Smoky Slate, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, and Soft Suede.
- The Pacific Point base measures 9-1/2 by 7 inches, scored at 3-1/2 inches creating a tent fold card.
- I wanted to separate the blue DSP from the base. Therefore, I trimmed a piece of white cardstock to 9-3/8 by 3-3/8 inches and adhered it to the base. The white cardstock for the inside of the card measures 9-1/4 by 3-1/4 inches.
- Next, I trimmed a piece of the retired Waves DSP (designer series paper) to 9-1/4 by 3-1/4 inches and adhered that to the white using multipurpose liquid glue.
- I trimmed the tree DSP, from the Happy Forest Friends DSP pack, to 2-1/4 inches by 9-1/4 inches. I chose the top part of this DSP because the bottom of it has Calypso Coral mushrooms on it.
- The Pacific Point trim pieces came from the original piece of cardstock I used for the base. I ran it through the fern 3D embossing folder twice so I’d get the whole piece embossed. Then, I trimmed it in half and it was ready to be adhered to the back of the Happy Forest Friends DSP. Before I adhered the DSP to the front of the card, I wrapped a length of the Tahitian Tide ribbon around the DSP. Right now, it’s tied in a bow. However, if I wind up using this card for a guy, I can untie the bow and retie it in a square knot.
- I picked the typeset vellum from the Layering Designs vellum. Using the 1-7/8 inch square die from the Stylish Shapes die set, I cropped three pieces.
- That’s it for the measurements.
Stamping and Coloring:
- I stamped all three gnomes for the front on white cardstock using the Momento Black Tuxedo ink, which won’t bleed when using the alcohol blends.. Then, I stamped two on the corners of the white inside cardstock.
- After I let the ink thoroughly dry, I used blends to color them. I used the medium natural skin tones to color the 5 gnomes. Then, I dabbed the spot on each nose with the color lifting blend.
- Next, I partially colored in all their beards using the light Smoky Slate blend,
- I colored all the sleeves and shoes using both the light and dark Crumb Cake and Soft Suede blends.
- The hats on each gnome were colored using both blends combos for Night of Navy, Old, Olive, and Tahitian Tide. I colored the pants on each, and the underside of the sitting gnome’s hat using just the light blend. Then, I used the black marker to highlight various parts of the gnomes, including the eyes and mouths.
- Finally, I added clear Wink of Stella to the lantern for a bit of sparkle and cropped the three for the front of the card.
- I used the front sentiment from the Happier than Happy stamp set. The inside sentiment comes from the Kindest Gnomes set.
- After cropping the three gnomes, I added dimensionals to the back of each.
- Time to add the vellum. Adhesives will show through the vellum, but I needed to get it adhered. My favorite way to adhere vellum includes using multipurpose liquid adhesive, my silicone mat and a make-up sponge. I put enough liquid adhesive on the back to cover the whole piece of vellum. Then, I use the make-up sponge to spread the adhesive on the whole back of the vellum. Since the whole piece is covered, the adhesive won’t show.
- Next, I added a gnome to each piece of vellum.
- Then, I cropped the sentiment and using the label die in the Stylish Shapes die set. Then, I cropped the same size banner in Pacific point and cut it in half. I added it to the back of the sentiment and added dimensionals.
- Finally, I added the colored and stamped white cardstock panel to the inside of the card.
Thank you for stopping by my blog!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Papercrafting Supplies:
It’s July, 2022 ~ do you know what that means? The new Holiday Mini-Catalog and Sale-a-Bration are in full swing!!
Sale-a-Bration runs from July 1 to August 31, 2022. This means you can earn FREE products for two months! Take a look at these Sale-a-Bration products!!
Here’s a link to the new Holiday Mini-Catalog, which runs through January 4, 2023. Click on the following image to open the catalog:
If you live in the U.S. and don’t already have a demonstrator, I’d be honored to work with you.
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do, especially since you can earn FREE products with a qualifying purchase!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you an get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.