Welcome to InKing Royalty’s July Blog Hop! We’ve made projects that celebrate the fun of summer and are excited to share them with you today. We are a diverse group, so I know you’ll see a great variety of summer projects. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Here’s my card:
Since this card doesn’t look like a summertime card, that must mean I need to explain why I created it. When I was younger and still living on Long Island, every year we’d take a vacation to the mountains in New England or upstate New York. This card was inspired by a vacation to the Adirondack Mountains in upstate New York. We were staying in cabins and there were always owls we’d hear all night. One of the families in our group was staying in the only house on site. There were always bats in the belfries of the house, but the stamp set doesn’t have any bats. I should’ve checked out the Halloween sets I have for bats, but I just thought of that.
One of the big things to do up there involved going to the “dump” to see the bears. Really, that’s true. When the group of our three families went, a drunk man made his way over to our car. He told my parents that he would go take up-close pictures of the bears for us. My mom gave him the camera, and he got the pictures without getting attacked. Thankfully!!! Therefore, this card really does mean “summer fun” to me.
I’d seen the layout on a past sketch challenge, but don’t remember which one. If you know which challenge, please let me know in the comments and I will update this post.
- The Calypso Coral base measures 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 to create a tent card..
- I used the Happy Forest DSP (designer series paper) from the Happy Forest Friends suite found on pages 46-47 in the 2022 – 2023 annual catalog. The Old Olive background piece measures 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches. Then, I punched a 1-inch circle for the envelope seal from the same DSP.
- Next, I trimmed the white background DSP to 2-5/8 inches by 4-3/8 inches and cut it down to a chevron shape. I also trimmed a piece to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- I matted this on trimmed pieces of the Old Olive and Calypso Coral DSP. Each layer increased by 1/8 inches on each side. I attached all three layers using multipurpose liquid glue.
- Finally, I trimmed a piece of white cardstock to 4 by 5-1/4 inches for the inside of the card.
Stamping and Die-cutting:
- All the stamps and dies for the card come from the Happier than Happy bundle.
- I stamped the bear using Soft Suede ink on white cardstock. Then, I used Smoky Slate ink to stamp the owl on the same piece of white cardstock.
- I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede on white cardstock as well.
- Using Soft Suede, I stamped the tree on Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Then, I used the die set to crop all the pieces I’d stamped. I also cropped the outline of the tree stump from Soft Suede cardstock.
- After cropping the sentiment, I outlined it in Calypso Coral. I used a matte dot to cover the hole in the tag and added a folded piece of ribbon underneath it.
- I popped all the cropped pieces up on mini-dimensionals and attached them to the card.
- Finally, I trimmed the envelope flap and ran the punched envelope seal through my XYRON create-a-sticker. With that, this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal was finished.
Back to the InKing Royalty Blog Hop:
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Jessica Atchison at Stampin’ with the Atchisons. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Emma Goddard at Coastal Crafter
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping <<——YOU ARE HERE
- Jessica Atchison at Stampin with the Atchisons
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
Thank you for stopping by my blog!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Papercrafting Supplies:
It’s July, 2022 ~ do you know what that means? The new Holiday Mini-Catalog and Sale-a-Bration are in full swing!!
Sale-a-Bration runs from July 1 to August 31, 2022. This means you can earn FREE products for two months! Take a look at these Sale-a-Bration products!!
Here’s a link to the new Holiday Mini-Catalog, which runs through January 4, 2023. Click on the following image to open the catalog:
If you live in the U.S. and don’t already have a demonstrator, I’d be honored to work with you.
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do, especially since you can earn FREE products with a qualifying purchase!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you an get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.