Welcome to the newest two week challenge for Make My Monday! Our host for challenge #178, Billie A., chose the theme of using splatters. What fun! When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge page to check out the fabulous projects from the rest of the design team. I hope you are inspired to play along with us!
Here’s my splatter card:
Here’s the challenge banner from Try Stamping on Tuesday # 562, which I used for inspiration. My three stripes turned out wider than the inspiration sketch, but I wanted to showcase the splatters.
- The Starry Sky base measures 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- Next, the white cardstock layer measures 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches. I also trimmed a piece of white cardstock to 4 by 5-1/4 inches for the inside.
- The Real Red cardstock on the front measures 4 by 5-1/4 inches.
- I trimmed a piece of the Starry Sky 6 x 6 inch DSP (designer series paper) to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- After I stamped the splatters, I trimmed the splattered white cardstock to 3-1/2 by 1-1/2 inches.
Stamping and Embossing:
- I started with a white piece of cardstock and used Real Red and Starry Sky ink pads for the splatters. I used the two different splatters from the Gorgeous Leaves stamp set. First, I stamped the larger one in Starry Sky. Then I filled in with the smaller stamp in Real Red.
- It’s difficult to see, but I stamped the splatter from Painted Poppies in VersaMark randomly around the white cardstock. Then, I covered all those splatters with white embossing powder and heat set it all with my heat tool.
- Since I didn’t really get the effect I wanted with the white embossed splatters, I decided to add embossed white splatters on the Starry Sky splatters.
- Then, I trimmed the white splattered cardstock down to the size I wanted.
- Next, I used the Happy Birthday stamp from the Special Moments stamp set. I masked off the birthday part, and just stamped happy in Real Red ink on vellum cardstock. Then, I quickly added clear embossing powder and heat set it.
- I used the Starry Sky 6 x 6 inch DSP to crop out TH using the Playful Alphabet dies. The 4 comes from the retired large numbers die set.
- After cropping both circles using the Stylish Shapes dies, I adhered the 4th using multipurpose liquid adhesive. These letters/number allowed me to add liquid glue behind them to adhere the vellum to the front of the card.
- For the happy circle, I needed to adhere it in a different way since the adhesive wouldn’t be hidden. So, I grabbed a make-up sponge and my silicone mat. I added liquid glue to the back of the vellum and used the sponge to spread it out evenly on the circle. An even layer of adhesive won’t show through the vellum cardstock.
- The final touch on the front was to place nine red dots on the white cardstock panels. The ones on the outside of the 4th vellum circle help to anchor the edges to the front of the card.
- Then, I punch a 1 inch circle out of some of the leftover splatter paper for the envelope seal. With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you for stopping by my blog!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
It’s July, 2022 ~ do you know what that means? The new Holiday Mini-Catalog and Sale-a-Bration are in full swing!!
Sale-a-Bration runs from July 1 to August 31, 2022. This means you can earn FREE products for two months! Take a look at these Sale-a-Bration products!!
Here’s a link to the new Holiday Mini-Catalog, which runs through January 4, 2023. Click on the following image to open the catalog:
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do, especially since you can earn FREE products with a qualifying purchase!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you an get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.