If you’ve read my blog before, you know I love combining challenges! The card I created today meets both the Global Design Project #349 and the Freshly Made Sketches #542 challenges. The adorable Sweet Songbird stamp set paired so well with the GDP colors of Tahitian Tide, Parakeet Party, and Daffodil Delight, along with the neutral Basic Black.
Without further ado, here’s my card:
Here are the challenge banners:
- The Parakeet Party base measures 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches to create a tent fold.
- I trimmed the white cardstock background after running it through my cut and emboss machine using the Timber 3D embossing folder. The final measurement is 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
- Next, I embossed a piece of Tahitian Tide cardstock using the Timber 3D embossing folder. Then, I trimmed it to 2-1/2 by 5-1/4 inches. Once I had it trimmed, I lined up the Tahitian Tide embossing with the embossing on the white cardstock and adhered the pieces together.
- The white cardstock for the inside of the card also measures 5-1/4 by 4 inches.
- The last measurement belongs to the Parakeet Party 2-1/2 by 6 inch piece of In Color 6 x 6 inch DSP for the envelope flap.
Putting it Together:
- I used the largest circle in the Stylish Shapes die set to crop the white cardstock mat under the bird. Then, I used my Daffodil Delight Stamping Write Marker to outline the circle.
- The adorable songbird is stamped in Tahitian Tide ink.
- Next, I punched out the bird. Then, I used scraps of the Tahitian Tide 6 x 6 DSP (designer series paper) and of Daffodil Delight 6 x 6 inch DSP to punch the beak and wing.
- I stamped the sentiment, the next, notes, and the bird’s eyes using Momento Tuxedo Black ink.
- At first, I stamped the branch in Soft Suede. However, after reading the GDP guidelines, I needed to go back and color the branch using my Basic Gray marker.
- I stamped the leaves using Parakeet Party ink, and the flowers using Daffodil Delight ink. Then, I added three small Tahitian Tide in color dots to the center of each flower.
- I used two of the banner dies from the Stylish Shapes die set for the sentiment. The bottom banner is cropped from the same Daffodil Delight cardstock as the beak. I outlined the white cardstock sentiment using the Tahitian Tide Stamping Write Marker, then added dimensionals under it. The Daffodil Delight banner is adhered directly to the blue cardstock and fits under the white circle.
- Next, I added dimensionals under the bird and nest and adhered them to the circle.
- I used a thank you sentiment from the Best Year stamp set on the inside of the card. I also stamped the smaller bird and song notes on the inside.
- Finally, I punched a 1 inch circle out of Daffodil Delight DSP and ran it through my XYRON create-a-sticker for the envelope seal. With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you for stopping by my blog!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
It’s July, 2022 ~ do you know what that means? The new Holiday Mini-Catalog and Sale-a-Bration are in full swing!!
Sale-a-Bration runs from July 1 to August 31, 2022. This means you can earn FREE products for two months! Take a look at these Sale-a-Bration products!!
Here’s a link to the new Holiday Mini-Catalog, which runs through January 4, 2023. Click on the following image to open the catalog:
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do, especially since you can earn FREE products with a qualifying purchase!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you an get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
The HOST CODE through July 31, 2022 is UKDVYZSG.