Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is “CASE the Catalog” so the Design Team chose a card from the new Annual Catalog and has CASEd it with their own creative twist. We really hope that you are inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I chose a card using the Sun Prints suite featured on page 90 of the catalog. I CASE’d my chosen card with just one small exception. Then, I went back and changed it just a bit more to make it an easel card. I just love to create fun folds!
Here’s the original CASE and the easel fun fold:
The changes I made to the original CASE were minimal. I added a white cardstock mat under the DSP. For the easel card, I moved the leave spray on top of the DSP strips instead of underneath them. These colors are so incredibly gorgeous! I just love the Starry Sky color, and Gray Granite is stunning in this DSP.
The measurements for the front of the cards are the same. Since there’s a bit more to the easel card, I’ll go with those measurements and such.
- The Night of Navy base measures 8-1/2 by 5-1/2, scored at 4-1/4 and 2-1/8 inches creating a landscape card orientation.
- Both the white mat on the front and the white cardstock on the inside measure 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches. I usually use 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches for the inside panel, but I wanted the sizes to be the same on the front and inside because of the easel.
- The Sun Prints DSP pattern for the background measures 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
- I trimmed down a coordinating piece of DSP for the envelope flap to 6 by 2-1/2 inches. At the same time, I punched a 1 inch circle of the Gray Granite DSP for the envelope seal.
- After I dry embossed a piece of white cardstock using the Fern 3D embossing folder, I trimmed it down. I needed two pieces measuring 4-3/4 by 1-1/2 inches.
- REMEMBER: if you trim your paper before using any 3D embossing folder, you will wind up with a piece that’s smaller than you wanted because of the deep impression.
- The Starry Sky DSP pattern paper measures 4 inches by 1-3/8 inches.
What I Did:
- Using the Nature Prints stamp set, I stamped the spray of leaves in Starry Night in the same ink on white cardstock. In addition, I stamped partial leave sprays on the inside white cardstock and on the front of the envelope.
- Next, I stamped the sentiment in Starry Sky ink on Gray Granite cardstock.
- Then, I colored the basic pearl jewels I needed using the dark Daffodil Delight marker. It’s important to let the mutual layers of ink completely dry before adding another layer. I used 4 or 5 layers of ink on these pearl jewels.
- This card features a die from the Nature’s Prints dies to crop the Starry Sky spray. I added dimensionals underneath the spray.
- The new Stylish Shapes dies are fabulous, especially if you loved the now retired Stitched Shapes die set. I used one of the circles to perfectly crop the sentiment. There are dimensionals under the sentiment circle. I did have to make sure to add them only where the circle doesn’t touch the spray of leaves.
- Figuring out what to use to hold the folded easel card open took some creative thought time. I finally decided to punch a 1 inch circle from coordinating DSP. I trimmed this circle in half and added mini-dimensionals under each semi-circle and attached them to the inside panel.
- For good measure, I added two smaller colored basic pearl jewels to help hold up the easel.
- If I didn’t put dimensionals under an element, I used multipurpose liquid glue to adhere it together.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Back to the Pals’ Blog Hop:
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
The 2022 – 2023 Catalog is Now Live!!
Here are just a few of my favorite new things, and about half of which arrived Monday! I’ve already been playing with my new goodies. I’m also working on a pre-order from the upcoming July – December mini-catalog. Fun times!!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.