When I saw the current Color Throwdown #695 challenge, the Seas the Day stamp die set seemed like the perfect fit, at least in my humble opinion..
Here’s my card:
Here’s the challenge banner:
Thankfully, the Color Throwdown Challenge calls for generic colors and shades of those colors. In this case, the colors are green, blue, lavender, and gold or silver. I used Granny Apple Green, Pacific Point, Highland Heather, and silver. I’ve created a similar card and you can see that card and directions here.
- The Granny Apple Green base measures 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- The Waves of Inspiration DSP background measures 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches. I trimmed another piece to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. Then, I punched a 1 inch circle from coordinating DSP for the envelope seal.
- I also trimmed the Pacific Point cardstock top to 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches. After stamping the cardstock using the Gentle Waves stamp with Pacific Point ink, I cropped it using the frame from the Seas Dies. This layer is popped up with dimensionals.
- Next, I cropped another frame from Granny Apple Green cardstock. I also cropped the coral from a piece of Highland Heather DSP. Then, I trimmed both the green seaweed and coral and adhered them with multipurpose glue.
- I stamped the starfish and sentiment using VersaMark then added silver embossing powder, which I set with my heat tool.
- I outlined the scallops of the banner with my silver Wink of Stella pen. I used dimensionals and multipurpose glue to allow for the dimension of the frame.
- Part of what I love about this stamp set includes the two mirror image fish stamps. I stamped these in Highland Heather and cropped them with the dies from the Seas Die set. Then, I added a dimensional under each fish and adhered them.
- I stamped the front, left-hand side of the envelope the same as the inside of the card.
- Then, the only thing left was to run the envelope seal through my XYRON 1.5 inch create-a-sticker.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
The 2022 – 2023 Catalog is Now Live!!
Here are just a few of my favorite new things, all of which arrive on Monday!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.