Before I start on this card, I want to thank the design team at TSOT for choosing my card as one of the top 3 for challenge #555. You can see my bee obsession card here. Again, I am honored!
The clean and simple Try Stampin’ on Tuesday #557 challenge seemed perfect for the Waves of Inspiration stamp set and DSP. I chose to use a more muted DSP (designer series paper) pattern for this card.
Here’s my card:
Here’s the challenge banner:
- The Coastal Cabana base measures 8-1/2 by 5-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- This stunning DSP measures 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches and I put dimensionals under it to accommodate the Gray Granite ribbon. I outlined it with my Gray Granite marker to create a border without using a cardstock layer.
- I trimmed another piece of the DSP to 6 by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. After punching out a 1 inch circle of Coastal Cabana cardstock, I ran it through my XYRON and had my envelope seal.
- I wrapped a length of Gray Granite ribbon around the DSP. Tear and tape works wonders to hold the ribbon ends in place.
- I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark on Gray Granite cardstock. Then, I covered it with white embossing powder, which I heat set with my heat tool. I trimmed down the cardstock and measured horizontally to find the center. This really helped me snip the chevron into the sentiment banner.
- I stamped the pelican on white cardstock in Gray Granite ink. Then, I cropped it using the coordinating die set. Next, I stamped a Gray Granite pelican on the bottom right-hand side of the envelope.
- I thought that I could use the Fine-tip glue pen to outline the rope on the pilings. After I used the glue to go over the rope. Then, I left the glue to dry. When I came back, I found that the glue had absorbed the ink and I kind of like the effect. There are dimensionals under the pelican partly to accommodate the ribbon and partly because I wanted to add height to the pelican.
- The sentiment I used for the outside enables this card to be an all-occasion card. Therefore, I didn’t stamp an inside sentiment on the 4 x 5-1/2 inch piece of white cardstock.
- With that, I had completed this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
The 2022 – 2023 Catalog is Now Live!!
Here are just a few of my favorite new things, all of which arrive on Monday!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.