Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is New 2022-2024 In Colors. We really hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I can not get enough of the Hello Ladybug stamp set and punch! The ladybugs themselves are so cute, but I’ve been adding googly eyes and they are just so stinking adorable! I decided to keep the front of the card relatively simple so I could show off all five new In Colors for 2022 – 2024. I just love these bright colors, and they look fabulous together, as the In Colors always do!
Here’s my slimline ladybug card:
I have no idea why the googly eyes on the Parakeet Party ladybug look so funny. Here’s a horizontal view of the card:
What I Did:
- The Starry Sky base measures 7 inches by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 3-1/2 inches.
- I trimmed the front white cardstock panel to 3-3/8 inches by 6-7/8 inches. The inside white cardstock measures 8-1/4 inches by 3-1/4 inches.
- I used tuxedo black ink to stamp the sentiment and matted it on Starry Sky cardstock.
- In order to get all the leaves on the front of the card, I needed a mask of the leave. Masks work much better if you use copy paper rather than cardstock. After stamping and fussy cutting the leave, I started stamping on the front of the card. I started with Parakeet Party on the bottom, and then Tahitian Tide, Orchid Oasis, and ended with Sweet Sorbet on the top.
- I punched out the ladybug bodies from black cardstock.
- Next, I used the same four leaf colors to stamp the dots on the wings on vellum cardstock. Make sure you give the ink on the vellum time to dry before punching the wings out. While I liked the subtle look on the vellum, the wings faded into the background leaf. Therefore, I punched four white wings and adhered the vellum to the wings. I almost cheated and put tiny dots of multipurpose adhesive on the back of each dot on the vellum. Finally, I adhered the the white cardstock wings to the black cardstock bodies.
- These googly eyes are the perfect size for the ladybugs, and I think they just make the ladybugs that much cuter.
- I used Sweet Sorbet ink to stamp the trio of flowers on the diagonal corners of the inside white cardstock. To add interest, I used the tiny three dot stamp to each trio of flowers.
- Then, in order to tie the front to the inside, I stamped the trio of dots five times around the leaves.
- Finally, I stamped the trio of flowers and black dots on the front, bottom left-hand corner of the envelope.
Back to the Pals’ Blog Hop!
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on June 8th. Our theme will be “CASE the Catalog” when our Design Team creates a project found in the new Annual Catalog and CASE it with their own creative twist.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
The 2022 – 2023 Catalog is Now Live!!
Here are just a few of my favorite new things:
But wait, there’s more:
Along with the new catalog, there’s a really fabulous joining bonus! As always, your starter kit is just $99 for $125 of your choice of products. The bonus? Over $66 of the new 2022 – 2024 In Color supplies! You get the following at no extra cost to you:
- In Color Ink Pad Collection
- and In Color Grid Paper
- plus In Color Cardstock Collection
- and the 6 x 6 inch In Color Designer Series Paper Assortments
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.