Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is Fabulous Flowers. We really hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Here’s my fabulous flowers card:
The inspiration for this card came from the Try Stampin’ on Tuesday sketch #549. I’m too late to submit it to that challenge, but I really liked the layout.
I also need to say how honored and thankful I am to have been chosen as one of the top three for the TSOT #548 challenge! You can see the card I submitted here. I am so honored!
- The Polished Pink base measures 8-1/2 inches by 5-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 to form a tent card.
- I really think this gorgeous DSP (designer series paper) pops fabulously off a black background. Therefore, I trimmed a piece of black cardstock to 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches. I trimmed a piece of the DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- The white cardstock layer measures 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches, as does the cardstock for the inside panel of the card.. In order to add interest to the white cardstock on the front, I ran it through the Cut and Emboss Machine using the Painted Texture 3D embossing folder.
- I used three patterns of this Expressions in Ink DSP. Each strip measures 3/4 inch by 4-1/2 inches. I used the Banners Pick a Punch on each strip. Since I’d trimmed the DSP to 3/4 inch wide, it fit snuggly in the punch. Therefore, each punch came out uniformly.
Putting the Card Together:
- Next, I trimmed the opposite ends so that the green and pink strips are shorter than the flowered pattern. Then, I outlined each strip using the black marker. I used my favorite adhesive, multipurpose liquid glue, to adhere the strips to the embossed white cardstock.
- Then, I wrapped a length of the Just Jade and gold braided ribbon around the white cardstock and tied it in a bow. This just about perfect bow happened magically on my first try. A glue dot holds this bow in place.
- Next, I adhered the white cardstock to the black layer, and then adhered the black to the Polished Pink cardstock.
- I’ve been using embossing powder so often lately and just love the look of the gold embossed sentiment. I cropped the sentiment using a die from the stitched rectangles die set. Then I cropped a piece of the brushed gold cardstock using the Painted Labels die. Both the sentiment and gold mat are popped up on dimensionals.
- Finally, I trimmed the DSP on the envelope flap and punched a 1 inch circle of coordinating DSP to make the envelope seal.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Back to the Pals’ Blog Hop:
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on May 11th. Our theme will be New 2022-2024 In Colors, with the Pals showcasing the brand new In Colors in the new Annual Catalog.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping <==YOU ARE HERE
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Rae Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
Check out the 2022 – 2024 New In Colors!
As a demonstrator, I’ve already seen the new 2022 – 2023 catalog and it’s fabulous! I am thrilled to be able to pre-order products on Friday, April 1st (no fooling!). While I can’t show you the inside pages of the catalog, I can share the new 2022 – 2024 In Colors with you! Get ready!
Sue, such a beautiful card — I love this technique to show off that beautiful paper!
You’ve inspired me to try this sketch Sue! Terrific fun to see how you put your own stamp on Fabulous Flowers!
Such a fun layout, Sue! Great card!
Love the layout of the DSP! So pretty!
Such a pretty card Sue! I love your layout and am going to miss that oh so pretty paper when it retires.
What a beautiful card, Sue! Great way to showcase that gorgeous DSP.
Beautiful card! FYI… your post is a little confusing. The hop badge says Fun Fold. I think you need the Pals Blog Hop badge.
Thank you!! I’ll change it. I didn’t even realize it. At about 8 pm last night I figured out I had the wrong theme and that my card wouldn’t work at all. LOL I had to start from scratch. 🤦🏻♀️
What a pretty card, Sue! I just love that DSP and will miss it a lot. Your layout shows how easy it is to make a beautiful card with paper scraps – who can throw this paper away?! Thanks for joining the blog hop this month!
I love the layout! And the black does make it pop.
Thank you, Amanda.
Absolutely love the extended use of this gorgeous dsp