Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is Cute Critters. We really hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Stampin’ Up! has so many cute critters in the current January – June mini catalog! For this blog hop, I chose Easter Friends, and each one of the critters in that stamp set is absolutely cute!
Here’s my Cute Critters card:
But wait – there’s more!
I made this card by following along with JanB’s video #523 on her YouTube channel. I really enjoy her videos and have used them a number of times for fun fold cards. Truly, if you can trim and score cardstock, you can do this card. I copied her measurements exactly and didn’t have any issues. One of the wonderful things about JanB’s videos is that she includes American and metric measurements. Score!
HINT: I’ve copied down measurements and labeled them with the name of the fun fold, but I figured something out this past weekend. I might be late to the game with this, but I actually wrote the number of the video with these measurements. This way I can go back and actually recreate the card without searching for the original video.
I also created a simpler version using the same stamp set, cardstock, ribbon, DSP, and embossing folder. Here’s that card:
Measurements for the Second Card:
Since JanB did such a fabulous job with the measurements for her fun fold card, I’ll include measurements for the second card.
- Once again, I started with a Misty Moonlight base which measures 5-1/2 inches by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- The white mat layer measures 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches. As usual, I cropped out the center of the white layer so I could stamp both ducklings and the sentiment. It looks ugly, but no one will know. Here’s what that ugly layer looks like:
- I used Pale Papaya for the embossed layer. HINT: Since this is a 3D embossing folder, emboss the cardstock, then trim it to size. The embossing is deep, and if you trim the cardstock and then emboss, your measurements will be off. After embossing and trimming, this layer measures 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
- The DSP, from the Pattern Party host DSP pack measures 4 inches by 1-3/4 inches.
- I like the way the duckling on the fun fold card pops off the white cardstock background, so I cropped a panel using the scalloped contour dies.
- I cropped a second scalloped piece out of scrap cardstock. Then I stamped it in Granny Apple Green with the grass stamp in the Easter Wishes stamp set.
- The grass scalloped cardstock is glued to the back of the DSP so just the stamp scallops show.
- After using the So Saffron blends combo and the Pale Papaya dark blend to color the ducklings, I fussy cut them out. A benefit of using the white scalloped panel is that the fussy cutting isn’t as noticeable.
- I decided to stamp the clouds after I adhered the panel to the Pale Payapa cardstock. I used the clouds from the After the Storm stamp set, stamped off Pool Party ink, and a piece of scrap paper to stamp the clouds. The scrap allowed me to stamp off the sides of the scalloped panel. Here’s a picture of how I did it:
- I popped the sentiment and ducklings up using black mini-dimensionals. Everything else was adhered with, my favorite, multipurpose liquid glue. The square knot for the ribbon is attached using a glue dot.
Back to the Pals’ Blog Hop:
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on April 13th. Our theme will be Fabulous Flowers when our Design Team creates a project using any of the many beautiful flowers in our catalogs.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
I LOVE this card! Of course the Fun Fold is amazing, but the paper, stamping, everything is just a Wow! Great job. And I cannot wait to try this. Thanks for sharing.
Just love this card!
Beautiful work here! Always a pleasure to see how you put your own stamp on our Pals Hop!
Great Easter Friends card, Sue! I think you know I love it!
Sue, two great cards! Love the fun fold, for sure but the second card is just as adorable. Thank you for joining the blog hop this month!
Gorgeous card Sue! I love, love, love! The colors are beautiful and such a great fold!
Aww.. so soft and sweet.