Welcome to another Cardz 4 Guyz challenge! Billie chose “add some metal” for the theme 0fr #280. I hope you will pop over to the C4G blog to see what the rest of the design team created as well!
My card required a trip to ACE Hardware to get some sort of metal. I wound up getting 21 washers of various sizes and some 5 gauge picture hanging wire.
Here’s my card:
The card is a pretty basic layout. I used the smallest washers randomly placed around the card. While I was playing around with the washers, I decided that Real Red dots behind them would make them stand out much more.
Definitely an Easy-Peasy Card
- The Real Red base measures 5-1/2 inches by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- The black and white checked DSP (designer series paper) came from the host set of DSP named Pattern Party DSP and measures 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches. The pack of DSP contains 48 12×12 inch DSP. The front side has all kinds of color patterns on each piece. But, it’s the back side that made me want to get the paper: it’s all different black and white patterns. I chose the checked for the front of the card and the dotted DSP for the envelope flap. The dotted piece measures 2-1/2 inches by 6 inches.
- I adhered each small washer to the red circles using two mini glue dots, which I rolled up on themselves to fit behind the washers. Then I used multipurpose glue to adhere the circles to the DSP.
After the Washers:
- The three strips of Real Red on the front of the card each measure 1/2 inch by 5-3/8 inches.
- I attached the larger sized washers to the front of the card using the 5 gauge picture wire.. Since it’s so thin it was easy to cut and manipulate. Just make sure to fold any cut edges under.
- The fun sentiment comes from the Sale-a-Bration host stamp set, In Your Words. There are so many great sentiments in this one set. I know I will use it long after Sale-a-Bration ends.
- I cropped the sentiment, stamped in Momento Tuxedo Black ink, using the stitched rectangles dies. Then, I trimmed a piece of the envelope DSP pattern for the sentiment mat. This whole panel has dimensionals under it to pop it up.
- There’s a piece of white cardstock for the inside of the card. It measures 4 inches by 5-1./4 inches. I stamped a simple “Happy Birthday” on the inside.
- Finally, I adhered and trimmed the DSP on the envelope flap. After punching a circle from the same DSP as the front of the card, I ran it through my XYRON create-a-sticker.
- With that, I’d finished this basic coordinated card/envelope/seal set.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this card.
Have a Peachy day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
The Mini-Catalog AND Sale-a-Bration are LIVE for NINE MORE DAYS!
What’s better than getting a delivery from Stampin’ Up!? Getting a delivery with FREE products inside the box! I have a box en route right now and am hoping it’s here this afternoon when I get home from work! Check out the FREE items from the Sale-a-Bration catalog!
Sale-a-Bration FREE items with a $50 purchase:
I’ve earned every $50 and $100 Sale-a-Bration item and have been happily using them! Which ones are your favorites? Let me show you how to earn them for FREE! But, you need to do so before the end of September!
Sale-a-Bration FREE items with a $100 purchase:
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.