Welcome to another Cardz 4 Guyz challenge! Caz chose “Things with Tails” for the theme for #278. I hope you will pop over to the C4G blog to see what the rest of the design team created as well!
Here’s my card:
Sometimes masculine cards for adults can be a struggle. I have all kinds of animals with tails stamps, but for the most part, they are cutesy. This giraffe, I hope, can work for a guys card.
What I Did:
- The Bumblebee base measures 11 inches by 4-1/4 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches creating a tent card..
- The Cinnamon Cider DSP (designer series paper) on the front measures 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches. The envelope flap DSP measures 2-1/2 inches by 6 inches. I immediately adhered the DSP to the flap so I wouldn’t misplace it.
- When I reached for my Bumblebee blends, I remembered that this color doesn’t have any blends. Next best thing: stamp the giraffe on Bumblebee cardstock. I really wanted the giraffe on white, but the rest of the yellow blends didn’t work for me.
- I used the Cinnamon Cider blends to color the giraffe’s spots. Then I used the black Stampin’ Write marker for the hooves. His eye really needed to be white, so I used a white gel pen to color his eye. When that completely dried, I added the black eye ball with the black marker.
- Next, I used a stitched rectangle die to crop out the giraffe.. Then, I used the white gel pen to color in the stitches in the ditch.
- The Picture This die made the sentiment blocks possible. First, I cropped the DSP using the Picture This die. Next, I cropped the blocks in white cardstock.
- All the sentiments come from the Back on Your Feet stamp set, along with the giraffe.
- I popped the Cinnamon Cider DSP up on dimensionals to create a frame. After stamping the sentiments, I adhered them directly to the base using multipurpose glue.
- I used three dimensionals on the left side of the giraffe panel and multipurpose glue on the right side so the giraffe isn’t going anywhere.
- Finally, I wrapped some linen thread around the bottom of the DSP and tied it in a square knot.
- Ta-Da! Done.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this card.
Have a Peachy day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
The Mini-Catalog AND Sale-a-Bration are LIVE!
What’s better than getting a delivery from Stampin’ Up!? Getting a delivery with FREE products inside the box! I have a box en route right now and am hoping it’s here this afternoon when I get home from work! Check out the FREE items from the Sale-a-Bration catalog!
Sale-a-Bration FREE items with a $50 purchase:
Sale-a-Bration FREE items with a $100 purchase:
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.