Welcome to InKing Royalty’s April Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are having fun with our stamping favorites – our favorite themes for seasonal cards and projects. This month’s projects feature a mix of butterflies and dragonflies – just in time for Spring. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Here’s my card:
A dear friend asked for a Mother’s Day card, and I thought I could combine the card with this Blog Hop. I used the Fine Art Floral Gallery DSP with the Dandy Laser Cut
- I used Pretty Peacock cardstock trimmed to 4-1/4 inches by 11 inches, scored at 5-1/2 to form a tent card. This is one of the retiring In Colors I will greatly miss!
- The black mat on the front of the card measures 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches.
- The Pool Party background of the front of the card comes from the Floral Art Gallery DSP, which retires when the January – June mini catalog ends. It’s trimmed to 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
- While I had this DSP handy, I trimmed a piece to 6 inches x 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- The white panel for the inside of the card measures 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches, as usual.
What I Did:
- The laser cut dragonflies started out white. I used a blending brush and Pretty Peacock ink to color these gorgeous dragonflies.
- After the ink dried completely, I used the clear Wink of Stella to add sparkle to all of the inked dragonflies. I have to say, the results are the best I’ve had lately with Wink of Stella. There aren’t any drips or blobs, thankfully, because I didn’t have any more of this laser cut design.
- Here’s a close-up of the Wink of Stella:
- After adhering the laser cut dragonflies to the DSP using multipurpose glue, I wrapped a length of the Pool Party sheer ribbon around the DSP and tied it in a bow.
- I’d already picked the sentiment for the front of the card, and it is perfect for my friend’s lovely mother. After stamping it on a scrap of white cardstock in Momento Tuxedo Black ink, I cropped it using the Nested Labels die. Then, I used the Pretty Peacock marker to outline the hexagon, which meant I didn’t need to add a mat.
- I used multipurpose glue to adhere the black mat to the card base. Next, I used dimensionals to pop up the top layer to the black cardstock base.
- I used two sentiments from the Strong and Beautiful stamp set for the inside of the card, as shown below:
- Then I adhered the panel to the card base using multipurpose glue. Can you tell this is my go-to adhesive?
- Next, I trimmed the DSP adhered to the envelope flap.
- Using the 1 inch circle punch, I punched a seal for the envelope flap. After running it through my XYRON sticker maker, I’d finished this card/envelope/sticker to seal coordinated card set.
Back to the InKing Royalty Blog Hop
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping <<<— YOU ARE HERE
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Rachel Brumley at Stamp with Rachel
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
I’d love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
Pre-Order Has Begun!
So far, I’ve only gotten the new In-Color basic supplies. However, I will be putting in another pre-order. There are two suites at the top of my wish list, and as soon as I can order them, I will. There’s a sneak peak of the first suite on the cover of the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog:
That DSP is absolutely, stunningly gorgeous! I can not wait to order this on May 4th!
It’s a fabulous time to join Stampin’ Up! New team members get even MORE FREE products in their customizable Starter Kit. From 4–31 May, new team members can get $155 USD worth of products for only $99 USD + free business supplies + free shipping + all the fun being a part of Stampin’ Up!
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.