Welcome to InKing Royalty’s April Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are having fun with our stamping favorites – our favorite themes for seasonal cards and projects. This month’s projects feature a mix of butterflies and dragonflies – just in time for Spring. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Here’s my card:
A dear friend asked for a Mother’s Day card, and I thought I could combine the card with this Blog Hop. I used the Fine Art Floral Gallery DSP with the Dandy Laser Cut
- I used Pretty Peacock cardstock trimmed to 4-1/4 inches by 11 inches, scored at 5-1/2 to form a tent card. This is one of the retiring In Colors I will greatly miss!
- The black mat on the front of the card measures 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches.
- The Pool Party background of the front of the card comes from the Floral Art Gallery DSP, which retires when the January – June mini catalog ends. It’s trimmed to 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
- While I had this DSP handy, I trimmed a piece to 6 inches x 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- The white panel for the inside of the card measures 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches, as usual.
What I Did:
- The laser cut dragonflies started out white. I used a blending brush and Pretty Peacock ink to color these gorgeous dragonflies.
- After the ink dried completely, I used the clear Wink of Stella to add sparkle to all of the inked dragonflies. I have to say, the results are the best I’ve had lately with Wink of Stella. There aren’t any drips or blobs, thankfully, because I didn’t have any more of this laser cut design.
- Here’s a close-up of the Wink of Stella:
- After adhering the laser cut dragonflies to the DSP using multipurpose glue, I wrapped a length of the Pool Party sheer ribbon around the DSP and tied it in a bow.
- I’d already picked the sentiment for the front of the card, and it is perfect for my friend’s lovely mother. After stamping it on a scrap of white cardstock in Momento Tuxedo Black ink, I cropped it using the Nested Labels die. Then, I used the Pretty Peacock marker to outline the hexagon, which meant I didn’t need to add a mat.
- I used multipurpose glue to adhere the black mat to the card base. Next, I used dimensionals to pop up the top layer to the black cardstock base.
- I used two sentiments from the Strong and Beautiful stamp set for the inside of the card, as shown below:
- Then I adhered the panel to the card base using multipurpose glue. Can you tell this is my go-to adhesive?
- Next, I trimmed the DSP adhered to the envelope flap.
- Using the 1 inch circle punch, I punched a seal for the envelope flap. After running it through my XYRON sticker maker, I’d finished this card/envelope/sticker to seal coordinated card set.
Back to the InKing Royalty Blog Hop
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping <<<— YOU ARE HERE
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Rachel Brumley at Stamp with Rachel
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
I’d love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
Pre-Order Has Begun!
So far, I’ve only gotten the new In-Color basic supplies. However, I will be putting in another pre-order. There are two suites at the top of my wish list, and as soon as I can order them, I will. There’s a sneak peak of the first suite on the cover of the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog:
That DSP is absolutely, stunningly gorgeous! I can not wait to order this on May 4th!
It’s a fabulous time to join Stampin’ Up! New team members get even MORE FREE products in their customizable Starter Kit. From 4–31 May, new team members can get $155 USD worth of products for only $99 USD + free business supplies + free shipping + all the fun being a part of Stampin’ Up!
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
This is a beautiful card, Sue. Your friend’s mother will be thrilled to receive it. Love the sentiment. Enjoy your day!
Thanks, Hilda! I gave the card to my friend this morning and she loved it.
The dragonfly panel is so pretty! Your layers all work together beautifully.
Thanks, Jackie! The laser cut paper takes color so well and then does all the work.
Sue this is fabulous. Love the detail. Your friend’s mother will feel very special!
Pretty card! Love the close up, the Wink of Stella makes the card extra-special. Your friend will be thrilled to give this card to her mom!
This is really pretty. I love the embossing and the layers.
I love this card Sue – the design is fantastic and all the extra touches are perfect. The blending brushes on the dragonflies and the Wink of Stella are beautiful.
Such a beauty, Sue! I played around with this panel from the Dandy Laser-Cut Paper, too. Wish I’d thought to ink it up – so beautiful! I know your friend and her mom will love this. ♥