Welcome to the Cardz 4 Guyz # 269 challenge! The theme for this week is wheels. To my complete surprise, I don’t have any current SU! stamp sets with wheels on a motor vehicle. Thankfully, I do have the Sailing Home stamp set and coordinating dies. Therefore, I chose to use the steering wheel die to meet this challenge.
Here’s my card:
I chose a very monochromatic look for this card and used Just Jade, Pretty Peacock, and white. I had one more sheet of this Whale Done DSP, so everything I did with it had to be carefully measured out.
Somewhere along the line, I’d already used Just Jade ink with a blending brush to create the seaweed. I also stamped some bubbles on the seaweed using Pretty Peacock ink.
In just a couple of weeks, the 2019 – 2021 In Colors will retire, and that means two of my favorite colors will be leaving: Pretty Peacock and Seaside Spray. While the new 2021 – 2023 In Colors are gorgeous, I am really going to miss these two colors!
- The Pretty Peacock card base measures 4-1/4 inches by 11 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches to create a tent card.
- I used the Pretty Peacock wave DSP pattern from Whale Done, trimming it to 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches.
- Luckily, I had one strip of the DSP from which I was able to crop three steering wheels to approximately match up with the front of the car.
- Trying to get dimensionals on the steering wheels seemed like a daunting process. Therefore, I cropped three steering wheels from the foam adhesive sheets.
- Before very carefully lining up the foam adhesive with the steering wheels, I used the Pretty Peacock and Just Jade markers to outline the adhesive so there wouldn’t be a glaring white foam sides showing.
- I did the same mounting process for seaweed.
- There was just enough DSP left to have a 6 inch by 2-1/2 inch strip for the envelope flap.
- I used a piece of white cardstock for the sentiment on the front and the lighthouse. the white cardstock for the inside measures 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
Putting It Together:
- Both the sentiment and lighthouse for the inside and outside were stamped using Pretty Peacock ink.
- I cropped the lighthouse using the Sail Away lighthouse die. Then, I wrapped white baker’s twine around the lighthouse and tied on the steering wheel trinket. The lighthouse is attached to the front of the card using multipurpose glue for the steering wheels and dimensionals on the right side.
- Once again, I used the stitched rectangle die to crop the sentiment on the front and popped it up on dimensionals.
- I attached all the other elements using multipurpose glue.
- Finally, I trimmed down the envelope flap and stamped a lighthouse on the front of the envelope. With that, I had completed the coordinated card/envelope set.
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
I’d love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
Pre-Order Has Begun!
So far, I’ve only gotten the new In-Color basic supplies. However, I will be putting in another pre-order this week! I’ve already started filling it out.
There are two suites at the top of my wish list, and as soon as I can order them, I will. There’s a sneak peak of the first suite on the cover of the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog:
That DSP is absolutely, stunningly gorgeous! I can not wait to order this on May 4th!
If you want to be able to take advantage of the pre-order period, let me know! You can join with an order of just $125 of supplies for $99. As always, there’s no obligation.
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.