Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Great Family Occasions.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Here’s my card:
Since I made this card with the no longer available Butterfly Bijou paper, I thought I needed to create another card. For the second card, I used the Floral Art Gallery DSP from the Mini-Catalog. At first, I wasn’t sure about this suite. Then I started seeing projects made with the paper and fell in love with it.
Here’s my second card:
Measurements (based on the first card)
- The Just Jade card base measures 5-1/2 inches by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- The flap part of the card measures 3 inches by 5 inches, and I scored it at 2 inches on the long side.
- The black mat for the front of the card measures 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches. I did crop the 3 inch square for the card flap from the black mat using the Stitched Shapes die set. No one will see the missing square and it saves a bit of cardstock.
- The gorgeous DSP for the front of the card is from the Butterfly Bijou DSP. At this point, I also cropped two of the Just Jade butterflies. Thankfully, they are symmetrical so I could place them on the corner of the flap back-to-back.
- I also trimmed a piece of the Just Jade DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
The Flap Parts
- The flap parts consist of Just Jade 6 x 6 inch DSP, black cardstock, and white cardstock.
- The black cardstock on the top flap was created by
- I cropped the white cardstock sentiment panel using the stitched shapes dies.
- I simply used a piece of the Just Jade DSP for the underside of the top flap. It measures 2-7/8 inches by 2-7/8 inches.
- The black square mat for inside flap measures 2-3/4 inches by 2-3/4 inches.
- I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock and then cropped it using the stitched rectangle dies.
The Inside of the Card
- I trimmed a piece of white cardstock to 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches for the very inside of the card.
What I Did
- Since I already had everything cut out, I just had to put all the pieces together. There’s already enough layers on this card, so I just used multipurpose glue to adhere everything together, one layer at a time.
- The flap was adhered first. I applied a generous amount of multipurpose adhesive to the 2 inch part of the flap and adhered it to the inside of the card. Be careful here because you need the score line to be just ever-so-slightly beyond the base of the card. If you don’t leave that tiny bit of space, the flap won’t lay down properly.
- The most important thing I can tell you when putting all the layers together is don’t forget the ribbon! The card won’t lay flat, so I used Just Jade ribbon to tie it shut.
- I used tear-and-tape to adhere the ribbon to the cardstock. I’ve found that using tear-and-tape works best to adhere ribbon that will be tied and untied a number of times.
- I placed a 2 inch piece of tear-and-tape on the top of the Just Jade cardstock flap. Then, I placed a 9 inch length of ribbon on the tape.
- Next, I repeated the step on the left-hand side of the front of the card, making sure I had the ribbon coming out from the fold side of the card.
- I did work from the front, to the middle, to the front when adhering all the layers down. This way I was able to make sure all the flap pieces lined up properly.
- After adhering and trimming the DSP on the envelope flap, I’d finished this card/envelope/sealing sticker coordinated set.
Back to the Blog Hop!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on May 12th when our theme is “2021-2023 New In Colors” when our Design Team creates a project with the new family of In Colors for any occasion. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Annette Elliott at AEstamps a Latte
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
I’d love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
Pre-Order Has Begun!
So far, I’ve only gotten the new In-Color basic supplies. However, I will be putting in another pre-order. There are two suites at the top of my wish list, and as soon as I can order them, I will. There’s a sneak peak of the first suite on the cover of the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog:
That DSP is absolutely, stunningly gorgeous! I can not wait to order this on May 4th!