I’m sure that, for so many of us, the weeks are just flying by. Aren’t there days when you just don’t want to wear a mask for another whole day? I know there are for me. I’ve realized something in the past week or so: teachers rely heavily on lip-reading, and masks just complicate things exponentially.
Anyway, the theme for Cardz 4 Guyz #255 is to create a clean and simple card. Sometimes that’s easier said than done. I started going through the blogs of various challenges looking for inspiration to hit, and I found it in the sketch challenge for CAS(E) This Sketch #392 and the colors for Fab Friday 198.
Here’s my CAS masculine card for the C4G design team and the two other inspiration challenges:
Here are the challenge banners:
CAS is the Key for This Week
I really had to hold myself back from running the front of the Gray Granite base through the Subtle embossing folder. The only thing that held me in check was that I knew I already had enough dimension since I popped up the focal banner on dimensionals as well as the sentiment.
Measurements and Embossing
- The base is a standard A2 card, so it measures 5-1/2 inches by 8-1/5 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- I trimmed a piece of Misty Moonlight to 4-1/4 inches by 3 inches to use it as the base of the focal image.
- Next, I trimmed the Bumblebee cardstock to 4-1/8 inches by 2-7/8 inches for the middle mat. This seemed about the best way to incorporate the Bumbleebee color in my CAS masculine card.
- The top Seaside Spray cardstock measures 4-1/8 inches by 2-3/4 inches.
- I used a piece of scrap white cardstock for the sentiment and punched it out with the classic label punch.
- While I had the white cardstock out, I trimmed a piece for the inside of the card to 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
Rooted in Nature
Rooted in Nature seemed to go along with the sketch from CTS, and the tree, inside and outside sentiments come from that set.
- After carefully figuring out placement of the Misty Moonlight ribbon and the sentiment, I decided where the tree needed to be stamped.
- Let the trial and error begin …
- I knew I needed to use the Stamp-aratus, and that turned out to be the best decision while creating this card. After rubbing the cardstock with my embossing buddy, I stamped the tree using VersaMark three times.
- Next, I covered the image with Smoky Slate embossing powder and then heat set it. That’s when I realized there wasn’t enough of a contrast between the Smoky Slate embossing powder and the Seaside Spray.
When at First You Don’t Succeed…….
- Back to the Stamp-aratus for the next try. Again, thankfully I used it so I could easily line up the cardstock in the proper position. Don’t forget to use the embossing buddy now as well. This time I stamped the tree in Smoky Slate right on top of the heat set embossing powder. I did that four or five times trying to get some contrast to show up. Then, I covered the image with clear embossing powder and heat set the image again.
- While there are places on the tree where the Smoky Slate shows through for some added depth, I still wasn’t really happy. I grabbed the Smoky Slate marker and started coloring over the tree. Imagine my delight when I realized that the marker added another element of depth by filling in all the negative space in the tree. I liked the effect so much, I outlined the whole tree with the marker as well.
- Then, I placed a piece of the Misty Moonlight ribbon on the front. I secured the ends on the back of the focal panel using glue dots.
- After placing dimensionals on the back of the focal panel and the sentiment, I put everything together.
- The inside sentiment, again from Rooted in Nature, simply says “to thank you for all you do”.
- With that, I’d finished this card for the Cardz 4 Guyz CAS design team, and the two challenges.
Thank you so much for stopping by today. Have a wonderful week. I can’t wait to see your CAS masculine cards on our challenge page!
I’d also love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
Look at This DSP Special!
If you LOVE DSP and love to buy it, the special this month is just for you!
Here’s the DSP that’s included in the 15% off sale!
|ARTISTRY BLOOMS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER TIS THE SEASON 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|FOREVER GREENERY DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|POINSETTIA PLACE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|TRIMMING THE TOWN DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|PLAID TIDINGS 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|TOILE TIDINGS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|PEONY GARDEN DESIGNERS SERIES PAPER|
|WHALE OF A TIME 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|HEARTWARMING HUGS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|MAGIC IN THIS NIGHT DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|SNOWFLAKE SPLENDOR DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|IN GOOD TASTE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|PLAYING WITH PATTERNS 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|PLAYFUL PETS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do! Even more so because of the DSP sale, right?
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards!