While commenting on cards uploaded to the Make My Monday challenge # 128, I came across a new to me challenge, Try Stampin on Tuesday. The current challenge inspired me to create this card:
Here’s the challenge banner:
I happily combined Flowers for Every Season DSP, the Ornate Garden 3D embossing folder, and the Lovely You stamp set to create this card.
Flowers for Every Season
- I used Just Jade for the card base cut to 5-1/2 inches by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- Using the Ornate Garden 3D embossing folder, I ran some white cardstock through my Big Shot. Then, I trimmed the cardstock to 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
- Next, I trimmed another piece of white cardstock to 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches for the inside of the card.
- I trimmed the daisy piece of DSP to 3-3/8 inches by 3 inches. While I had that DSP out, I also trimmed a piece of the daisy DSP to 2-1/2 inches by 6 inches for the envelope flap. There is also a piece of this DSP on the bottom of the inside of the card. I trimmed that piece to1/4 inch by 5-1/4 inches.
- Thankfully, I had some scrap cinnamon DSP from the Flowers DSP. I trimmed my scrap to two pieces measuring 3 inches high and 1/2 inch wide. I simply used multipurpose liquid adhesive to attach one to each side of the daisies. Then I put dimensionals under this combined piece.
- I also already had the Stitched So Sweetly label. Since I really, really like the script font in the Lovely You stamp set, I used one of those sentiments. I almost did a happy dance when I found a sentiment that would fit on the part of the label I wanted to use. The label is cut in half, and then I put dimensionals under it as well.
- Before I put everything together, I wrapped a piece of the Just Jade ribbon and tied it in a square knot.
- Since I got everything together at once, I was able to quickly put the card and envelope together. With that, I’d finished this card/envelope set.
I know that you have many, many options for blogs written by Stampin’ Up! demonstrators. I also know that many of those demonstrators have thousands and thousands of followers. In late January/early February I had decided to spread my wings and start building a business side. I had gotten a few leads and was planning card workshops for these leads. Then, March happened, and 2020 just keeps getting more interesting.
As such, I greatly appreciate every, single follower. I now have just under 100 followers. I would really love to get into triple digits for followers.
Enter a Blog Candy Opportunity!
When (positive thinking is everything) I reach 100 followers, I will use an online random number generator to pick a BLOG CANDY WINNER! Since it’s completely random, every follower is eligible to be a winner!
As always, thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. I’d also love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
September Paper Pumpkin – order now for this autumn all-inclusive kit:
Did you notice the witch’s hat on the white pumpkin? Or the cute little pumpkin duo at the bottom corner of the box? Cute!! I can’t wait to get my Paper Pumpkin box of happiness!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do! Even more so because of the products in the NEW catalog. This NEW catalog is FABULOUS!! Don’t forget to check out the Christmas Means More stamp set and the Have a Hoot bundle in the August – December mini-catalog!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! I want YOU to get the stamping rewards you earn for your order over $150.00 Any order over $50 will earn a gift from me and an August – December mini-catalog.