I’ve only played along with Colour Inkspiration a few times, mainly because I don’t seem to see the posts on my Facebook feed. You know how that goes with the FB algorithm. I will definitely have to get better about checking it out on a more regular basis. Especially since the color inspiration photo for CI#82 is absolutely gorgeous!
Here’s my card:
Here’s the inspiration photo. Mind you, I only looked at the photo and not the color combo underneath. Therefore, I chose Bermuda Bay instead of Just Jade and Magenta Madness instead of Melon Mambo. Even though I totally see those colors, looking at the combo might have been a good thing to do. OOPS!
Here’s the color inspiration photo:
A Pretty Basic Layout
- The base of the card is Bermuda Bay and it measures 4-1/4 inches by 11 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches.
- I cut the white mat to 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches. I stamped the sentiment, from the Forever Fern stamp set, in Magenta Madness. Then, I cropped the sentiment block out of this mat using the stitched rectangle dies. I put dimensionals in each of the four corners.
- The Bermuda Bay background measures 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
- Black and white stripes seem very classic to me and they ground this fairly bright card. I trimmed this piece to 1-1/2 inches by 3-7/8 inches.
- Thankfully, I had some scrap Whisper White cardstock onto which I stamps two daisies from Daisy Lane. After I punched them out using the large daisy punch, I used the light Magenta Madness blend to shade in the bottom of the petals. I did make sure that no two petals look the same. Random is much better, for me at least. I added one dimensional under the center of the daisy.
- I dry-fit the stems, cut from the sunflower dies. and daisy on the left side of the card. When I found an arrangment that worked for me, I very carefully adhered the stems using liquid adhesive. I adhered just the bottom portion of the stems in order to get some movement in them
- After tying a length of Magenta Madness ribbon in a square knot over the border between the striped and DSP papers, I adhered the sentiment block so it straddles the ribbon.
Inside and the Envelope
- For another card, I’d cropped a piece of Whisper White cardstock using the largest stitched rectangle die. I used that piece for the inside of the card. In order to add some interest to the inside, I stamped the small, full daisy from Daisy Lane in two diagonal corners. While I had the stamp and ink pad out, I also stamped those daisies in the bottom, left-hand corner of the front of the envelope.
- Finally, I trimmed a piece of the Bermuda Bay DSP to 6 inches by 2-5/8 inches, adhered it to the envelope flap and trimmed it down.
- With that, I’d finished another card/envelope coordinating set.
As always, thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. I’d also love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
Focus on Bundles for Bonus Days savings!
There’s a bundle I really, really want and have decided I am going to use my bonus day coupons toward the purchase of this Blossoms in Bloom bundle! It’s so gorgeous, and the cards I’ve seen using it are all stunning. Check this out:
Have a Hoot Cling Stamp Set
Just look at all this adorableness!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do! Even more so because of the products in the NEW catalog. This NEW catalog is FABULOUS!! Wait until you see the new MINI-CATALOG!! Stay tuned for sneak peeks of those items! I’ll be using some new mini-catalog items for the InKing Royalty blog hop on Wednesday!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown so YOU can take advantage of the STAMPIN REWARDS YOU EARN. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! I want YOU to get the stamping rewards you earn for your order over $150.00 Any order over $50 will earn a gift from me and an August – December mini-catalog.
The HOST CODE through August 8th is K6NND3UU.
Again, thank you for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate your time, and enjoy reading, and responding to, comments.
This is about it for the night. I’m off to the airport…… and it’s storming pretty badly tonight.