I don’t think I’ve been able to combine three challenges into one card before. However, for this card, I combined the Global Design Project 251, Freshly Made Sketches 446, and Sunday Stamps Challenge 236. Wow! The #GDP251 challenge required an aquatic theme. FMS446 wanted a slimline card, and SSC236 is a sketch challenge.
Here’s my card:
Here are the challenge banners:
- The Granny Apple Green base is 7 inches by 8-1/2 inches, scored vertically at 3-1/2 inches.
- For the front of the card, I trimmed white cardstock to 3-3/8 inches by 8-3/8 inches. I also trimmed a piece of white cardstock to 3-1/4 inches by 8-1/4 inches for the inside.
- Since the Whale of a Time DSP measures 6 inches by 6 inches, I had to very carefully combine two pieces of DSP. I used two of the Pacific Point wave patterns for the front. I left the waves on the bottom, and combined the darker piece to the top. The final measurement for this DSP combination came out to 3-1/4 inches by 8-1/4 inches.
- The Bumblebee DSP measures 1-1/4 inches wide by 3 inches long. Since the middle will be covered, I didn’t need to use long strips of this DSP.
- After embossing a piece of 4-1/4 inches by 5-1/2 inches piece of white cardstock with the Seabed 3D embossing folder, I trimmed it to 3-7/8 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
- I trimmed the turtle DSP to 2-3/8 inches by 6 inches. Dimensionals provide the popped up height.
- Once I had all my pieces trimmed, I settled on the sentiment. Using the Momento Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped the sentiment on a scrap piece of white cardstock, then cropped it using a stitched rectangle die.
- I used a piece of the Granny Apple Green DSP from the Whale of a Time set and cropped it using the Stitched So Sweetly dies. The sentiment is adhered directly to the DSP using the multipurpose liquid glue, and there are dimensionals under the DSP.
- Since I’d already cut all the pieces I needed, I just needed to start at the bottom and put the card together following the Sunday Stamps sketch. It took me longer to measure and cut all the pieces than it did to assemble the card.
- I wanted to make this a birthday card, so I used the “Hoping all your birthday fishes come true” on the inside. I guess I didn’t think too much about it, but I decided to stamp turtles on the inside to match the front of the card instead of fish to match the sentiment. In the long run, I don’t think anyone will notice other than you and me.
- For some reason, I really struggled with this turtle stamp. When I tried to stamp it fresh off the ink pad, I wound up with blobs. Thankfully, I started my test stamps on my grid paper. I decided to use Just Jade and Pacific Point ink and stamped all of the turtles second generation on the white cardstock.
- Finally, I stamped some air bubbles using Pool Party.
- Here’s the inside of the card:
- With that, I’d finished my slimline, three challenge card. I still have to make an envelope to go with it, but am hoping it will fit in a legal size envelope.
As always, thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. I’d also love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
Just a few more days to take advantage of BONUS DAYS!
Bonus Days! Earn a $5 coupon for every $50 in product through August 3rd.
Focus on Bundles for Bonus Days savings!
There’s a bundle I really, really want and have decided I am going to use my bonus day coupons toward the purchase of this Blossoms in Bloom bundle! It’s so gorgeous, and the cards I’ve seen using it are all stunning. Check this out:
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do! Even more so because of the products in the NEW catalog. This NEW catalog is FABULOUS!! Wait until you see the new MINI-CATALOG!! Stay tuned for sneak peeks of those items! I’ll be using some new mini-catalog items for the InKing Royalty blog hop on Wednesday!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown so YOU can take advantage of the STAMPIN REWARDS YOU EARN. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! I want YOU to get the stamping rewards you earn for your order over $150.00 Any order over $50 will earn a gift from me and an August – December mini-catalog. Just take a look at the gorgeousness of this cover:
I can’t show you the inside pages until August 4th, unless you decide you just can’t wait! Contact me if you’d like to join my team, with no commitment past the initial kit. The kit is $99 for $125 worth of product, which would easily get you supplies to make your own holiday cards.