Welcome to another Cardz 4 Galz challenge! Caz chose Autumn/Fall Leaves for the theme 0f #156. I hope you will pop over to the C4Galz blog to see what the rest of the design team created as well! Since I haven’t seen an autumn since my youngest sister was in college, I used some creative license with the colors.
Here’s my card:
I used DSP from Harvest Meadow for the background of this card. There are three 1-3/4 inches squares trimmed from the cork specialty paper in the mini-catalog. The colors I used are Soft Succulent, Crumb Cake, and Evening Evergreen. I used the Pretty Pumpkins stamp set for the sentiment. The leaves are from the Gorgeous Leaves bundle of the stamp set and dies.
- The Evening Evergreen base measures 8-1/2 inches by 5-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- Next, I trimmed a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock to 4-1/4 inches by 5-3/8 inches. I added this layer mainly because I needed to tie in the cork and leaves to the rest of the card.
- The Harvest Meadow DSP (designer series paper) measures 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches. While I was working with the DSP, I trimmed a piece to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap, which I adhered as soon as I trimmed it.
- The three cork 1-3/4 inch squares help anchor the leaves and sentiment. The two outside squares are the cork. The middle square, which you can barely see, is the backside of the cork. I found this layout on a recent challenge, but it closed before this challenge started.
- The white cardstock panel for the inside measures 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
What I Did:
- I stamped the leaves on Crumb Cake scraps using Early Espresso. The maple leaf is the full ink stamp. I also stamped the smaller leaf in Early Espresso, but I stamped it off before doing so. I thought I needed to add more dimension to the smaller leaf. Therefore, I added an extra leaf directly on top of the first one.
- The Soft Succulent vellum in the 2021 – 2023 In Colors can be found in the annual catalog on page 135. I used the open leaf die from the Gorgeous Leaves die set for the vellum. Somehow I didn’t think a sparkly leaf would work, so I used the back-side of the vellum without the shimmer. Very thin lines of multipurpose glue on the vellum allowed me to securely adhere the leave, even across the layers of cork.
- I used large glue dots to adhere the maple leaf to the cork and vellum. The large glue dots provided some lift to the leaf without using dimensionals.
- I did use dimensionals under the small leaf.
- I stamped the sentiment from Pretty Pumpkins using Evening Evergreen ink on a scrap of white cardstock. After cropping it using the stitched rectangle die, I matted it on a scrap piece of Soft Succulent trimmed to size.
- I wrapped the Evening Evergreen ribbon around the DSP and tied it in a square knot. In order to accommodate the ribbon, I used dimensionals under the sentiment.
- Next, I added three of the Evening Evergreen In Color jewels to the front in a triangle pattern, which is pleasing to the eye.
- To finish off the card, I stamped “Celebrate together” from the Create With Friends stamp set in Evening Evergreen on the white cardstock. As always, I adhered the inside panel using multipurpose glue.
- Last, but definitely not least, I trimmed the DSP on the envelope flap. Then, I stamped a maple leaf and a stamped off smaller leaf on the bottom, left corner of the front of the envelope.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card and envelope set.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this card.
Please stay safe and healthy.
Have a Peachy day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
The Mini-Catalog AND Sale-a-Bration are LIVE for SEVEN MORE DAYS!
What’s better than getting a delivery from Stampin’ Up!? Getting a delivery with FREE products inside the box! I have a box en route right now and am hoping it’s here as scheduled on Monday when I get home from work! Check out the FREE items from the Sale-a-Bration catalog!
Sale-a-Bration FREE items with a $50 purchase:
I’ve earned every $50 and $100 Sale-a-Bration item and have been happily using them! Which ones are your favorites? Let me show you how to earn them for FREE! But, you need to do so before the end of September!
Sale-a-Bration FREE items with a $100 purchase:
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.