Hello and welcome back for another Cardz 4 Guyz challenge! This time Melanie has chosen leaves for the theme, which leaves (pun intended) the options wide open! When you are finished readying my blog, I hope you will hop over to the challenge and see all the wonderfully inspired cards from the rest of the design team members!
Here’s my bay window fun fold card:
If you want to get everything cut before you head over to her blog, the measurements are as follows:
- I used a Mossy Meadow card base measuring 4-1/4 inches by 11 inches. It gets scored at 1/2 inch 2 inches, 3-3/4 inches, 5-1/4 inches, and 5-1.2 inches.
- In keeping with the leaves theme, I chose to use the Beauty of the Earth DSP 9designer series paper). I needed 3 panels, 2 of which measure 1-3/8 inches by 4-1/8 inches. The middle panel measures 1-5/8 inches by 4-1/8 inches.
- While I had the DSP out, I trimmed a piece to 2-1/2 inches by 6 inches for the envelope flap.
- HINT: I followed along with Frenchie’s video when trimming down the panels. Next time, I will cut the first 1-3/8 inches by 4-1/8 inches, then the middle panel, then the other 1-3/8 inches by 4-1/8 inch panel. It is difficult to tell on my card, but the DSP patterns don’t line up across the fold lines. Not a big deal for this card, but there are other DSP patterns for which it will definitely matter.
- I used the Bumblebee piece of 6 x 6 inch DSP for the end panel of the card. It measures 1-1/2 inches by 4 inches. I wanted to use a Night of Navy mat under this panel, and it measures 1-5/8 inches by 4-1/8 inches.
- In order to tie the Night of Navy mat in with the small fold on the center of the card, I trimmed another piece to 4-1/8 inches by 1-4 inches.
- The white cardstock on the inside of the card measures 3-1/2 inches by 4-1/8 inches. Since the Forever Fern stamp set contains leaves similar to those on the DSP, I stamped two of the stamps on the bottom left-hand corner. I used Mossy Meadow ink and also Bumblebee ink over which I randomly colored/highlighted leaves with my Cajun Craze Stamping Write Marker. I did the same thing on the front left-hand bottom corner of the envelope.
- Next, I used the “GRATEFUL” sentiment from the Sparkle of the Season stamp set stamped in Night of Navy on white cardstock. The two sets of leaves poking out also come from the Forever Fern stamp set and Forever Flourishing coordinating dies. I pulled in the Night of Navy and Misty Moonlight colors from the DSP for those leaves. The sentiment and leaves are popped up on dimensionals.
- Finally, I used a piece of Bumblebee 6 x 6 DSP for the mat. I am still using up my 6 x 6 DSP color family packs, which explains the patterns for the Bumblebee DSP.
Once you have everything cut and stamped, please go to Frenchie’s video link to put it together. The one thing that I found was an AH-HA moment was putting dimensionals under the Bumblebee/Night of Navy mat panel. That’s how the card stays open to a bay window.
I hope you enjoy her video as much as I did.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Check out the NEW EDEN”S GARDEN preview collection from the upcoming January – June mini-catalog! Customer pre-order is from now to January 3, 2021
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.