Welcome to the MMM #177 challenge. Our host, Pamela, chose coloring with any medium for this two week challenge. When you finish here, I hope you will visit the MMM blog to check out what the rest of the design team members created. I’m always so impressed by the talent of my fellow DT members.
Here’s my card:
I have a card club at the high school where I teach. We create cards for kids undergoing cancer treatments and they are distributed through a local foundation. I needed to create kits on which some of my club members wanted to work during the summer. This card fit the bill for an easy card kit. This adorable hippo and coordinating die set are in the upcoming Sale-a-Bration catalog, which goes live July 1, 2022. You can earn the stamp set and the die set for a $50 qualifying purchase for each.
- The Blackberry Bliss base measures 4-1/4 by 11 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches to create a tent fold.
- Next, I trimmed a piece of the new Host DSP (designer series paper) in the annual catalog, Design a Daydream. This 48 sheet set of DSP two-sided papers really contains some fabulous patterns and color combinations. I trimmed this piece to 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches. In addition, I trimmed a piece to 2-1/2 inches by 6 inches for the envelope flap.
- Then, I chose another pattern from this DSP in Blackberry Bliss for the strip on the front of the card. This strip measures 1/2 by 5-3/8 inches.
- The white cardstock on the front of the card measures 3-1/2 inches by 2-3/4 inches. At this point, I also trimmed a piece of white cardstock for the inside of the card measuring 5-1/4 by 4 inches.
- I wanted a mat for the white cardstock on the front, so I trimmed a piece of Blackberry Bliss to 3-5/8 by 2-7/8 inches.
- That’s it for the measurements.
What I Did:
- I stamped the hippo and the sentiment on white cardstock using Momento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Then, I used my Smoky Slate dark and light blends combo to color the hippo. I also used the light Petal Pink blend for her ballet shoes, nails, and accents on her face.
- In order to coordinate with the DSP, I used my Daffodil Delight light and dark blends for her tutu.
- Then, I cropped her using the coordinating die set. I added dimensionals underneath her so she would pop up off the card.
- At the same time, I cropped an umbrella, also from the Hippo die set, from black cardstock and from a piece of Blackberry Bliss 6 x 6 DSP. Then, I trimmed of the handle from the DSP umbrella and glued the top to the black cardstock. I added dimensionals under the top of the umbrella.
- All of the rest of the pieces where adhered with multipurpose liquid glue.
- I didn’t need to put any sentiment on the inside. The club will have a card signing day, which will include the rest of the school student body writing notes on the inside of the card. It’s an eye-opening experience because the most important sentiment that can not be used in any way is “get well soon”. In reality, some of this children won’t get well.
- While these cards also don’t need envelopes, I wanted to include them for these card kits.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated envelope and card set.
My daughter is in town from California for my family’s annual beach week. We’re off for the beach tomorrow. We’ve all been going to spend a week at the beach in the same condos we’ve used for 40+ years. The only year we missed was COVID. We now have three generations going to beach week.