Welcome to the Make My Monday #194 challenge. Our host for this two-week challenge, Debbie, chose all things great and small for the theme. When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge website to see what the rest of the design team created to inspire you. Please be sure to upload your creations to our challenge gallery.
I used the retired Turtle Friends stamp set and punch. I’ve used the owls and songbirds a few times lately so I needed to go with something different. My Turtle Friends stamp set is in like new condition, so I really needed to do something with it.
Here’s my z-fold card:
I used this Mint Macaron patter from the host Design a Daydream DSP (designer series paper). I paired the Mint Macaron with some Mango Melody 6 x 6 inch DSP. This color combination surprised me because it worked so well.
- The Mint Macaron base measures 11 by 4-1/4 inches, scored at 2-3/4 and 5-1/2 inches to create a z-fold.
- I needed two pieces of the Mint Macaron DSP. The first measures 4-1/8 by 2-5/8 inches. The second measures 3-3/8 inches square.
- The Mango Melody DSP pieces measure 5-3/8 by 4-2/8 inches and 3-1/2 inches square.
- I used a scrap piece of Mango Melody cardstock to crop the branch spray using a die from the Framed Florets die set.
- The white cardstock for the inside of the card measures 3-3/8 inches square.
- I used scraps to stamp the two turtles, the bird, and sentiment.
- The final cuts were a piece of the Mint Macaron DSP to 6 by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. I used a piece of Mango Melody DSP to punch the 1-inch circle needed for the envelope seal.
- After burnishing the folds in the cardstock, I used multipurpose glue to attach the DSP pieces to the front.
- Next, I adhered the square Mint Macaron DSP to the square Mango Melody piece, again used multipurpose glue. I also added the cropped branch spray to the square DSP.
- The images and sentiment are stamped in the Momento Tuxedo Black ink.
- The turtles are colored using the Mango Melody and Mint Macaron blends combos.
- While I could punch out the larger turtle, I needed to fussy cut the small turtle and the little bird.
- I cropped the sentiment using a banner die from the Stylish Shapes die set.
- Next, I added dimensionals to both turtles, the sentiment, and the little bird.
- I stamped the larger turtle on the inside and used the sentiment stamp for the inside of the turtle.
- The Turtle Friends stamp set has the streamer stamp. I used the Mango Melody and Mint Macaron makers to color the streamers.
- Finally, I carefully adhered the inside square to the inside of the card so the front panel covers the whole inside panel.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal. set.
Thank you for visiting my blog today.
Have a Peachy Day!