This week’s challenges from Sunday Stamps #286 and Paper Players #598 inspired me to use the Nature’s Prints Suite. I fell absolutely in love with the beautiful colors and patterns in this DSP, and will probably go through a couple of packs of it during the year it’s available.
Here’s my card:
Here are the challenge banners:
- The Gray Granite base measures 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- The Night of Navy Sun Prints DSP measures 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches. Then, I trimmed another piece to 6 by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- I trimmed two strips of Gray Granite DSP to 1-1/4 by 4-1/8 inches. This DSP pattern is on the reverse of the Night of Navy DSP. I also punched out a 1 inch circle to use for the envelope seal.
- After dry embossing a piece of white cardstock using the Fern 3D embossing folder, I trimmed it to 2-1/4 by 4-1/8 inches.
- I also trimmed a piece of white cardstock to 4 by 5-1/4 inches for the inside of the card.
- The embellishments on the front were stamped and cropped from leftover pieces of white cardstock. I already had the heat embossed spray on the Night of Navy cardstock.
- That’s it for the measurements.
What I Did:
- After trimming all the pieces for the background of the card, I adhered them using multipurpose liquid glue.
- Next, I stamped the more stick-ish spray in Gray Granite on white cardstock. I also stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy. Then I cropped all three pieces using the coordinating dies.
- I adhered the Gray Granite sprays using multipurpose liquid glue. Then, I added dimensionals under the Night of Navy spray and the sentiment banner. I did have to make sure that I only placed dimensionals on the ends of the banner to accomodate the dimensionals under the spray.
- Before adhering the pieces, I decided to add some linen thread to the back of the Night of Navy spray. I usually don’t have much luck adding linen thread in a random pattern, I think this worked. In order to adhere the thread, I put dots of liquid adhesive on the back of the spray. Therefore, I was able to move the thread around until I was satisfied.
- Then, I stamped the inside. First, I second generation stamped the large spray in Gray Granite on the center of the white cardstock. Next, I stamped a sentiment from Special Moments in Night of Navy over the Gray Granite spray. Honestly, I like the inside of the card more than the outside. I’m going to have to create a card using the inside for a clean and simple front.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you for stopping by my blog!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
It’s July, 2022 ~ do you know what that means? The new Holiday Mini-Catalog and Sale-a-Bration are in full swing!!
Sale-a-Bration runs from July 1 to August 31, 2022. This means you can earn FREE products for two months! Take a look at these Sale-a-Bration products!!
Here’s a link to the new Holiday Mini-Catalog, which runs through January 4, 2023. Click on the following image to open the catalog:
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do, especially since you can earn FREE products with a qualifying purchase!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you an get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
The HOST CODE through July 31, 2022 is UKDVYZSG.