Welcome to the Creative Creases challenge # 70. I am so honored to be a guest designer for this challenge for being the top pick When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge site for more inspiration. I love fun folds, and playing along with this challenge always brings so much creative fun!
Here’s my Magical Meadow Fun Fold:
Full credit for this fun fold goes to Connie Stewart of Simply Simple Stamping. You can find her video here.
- Start with an 8-1/2 by 11 inch of cardstock for your base. I used Misty Moonlight.
- Score at 4-1/4 and 5-1/2 inches. You will have 4 sections, each measuring 4-1/4 by 5-1/2 inches.
- Follow Connie’s directions for trimming away the top left-hand cardstock rectangle. It’s much easier to see her do it than to have me explaining it.
- Trim two pieces of coordinating Magical Meadow DSP to 4-1/8 by 5-13/8 inches, one for the outside and one for the inside of the flap.
- Trim a piece of DSP to 6 by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- Punch a 1-inch hole from DSP to create the envelope seal. Run the circle through your XYRON create a sticker to finish off the seal.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 4 by 5-1/4inches for the inside of the card.
- You will need scrap Misty Moonlight cardstock and vellum cardstock for the die cut branches.
Putting It Together:
- Connie used just cardstock for her card and stamped the floral images on it. I used DSP for the front and inside flaps.
- I didn’t use any dimensionals at all. I adhered all the paper pieces using multipurpose liquid glue. The bow is attached with a mini glue dot.
- Adhere one piece of the DSP to the front of the cardstock.
- Crop the center circle flourish using the die from the Irresistible Blooms die set. You will need to run it back and forth in your Cut and Emboss machine in order to go through both layers.
- Adhere the second piece of the DSP to the inside front of the card so it’s showing through your die cut circle.
- Align your sentiment so that it will show through the circle. I actually used a very light pencil mark because this sentiment from the Brightest Glow stamp set is a cling stamp.
- After you know where you are going to stamp, wipe down the whole front of the DSP using your embossing buddy from the embossing additions tool kit.
- Stamp your sentiment using VersaMark ink and cover with white embossing powder. Heat set with your heat tool.
- Stamp the inside sentiment, also from Brightest Glow, using Misty Moonlight ink on the white cardstock panel.
- Adhere the cardstock to the inside of the card.
- I cropped the branch spray using a die from the Magical Meadow die set and Misty Moonlight ink.
- Next, I used Misty Moonlight ink and a blending brush to lightly add color to a piece of vellum cardstock.
- Then, I cropped the vellum branch spray.
- I added the cardstock spray to the left of the circle window on the front.
- Tie a bow using the silver and white ribbon from the suite, and adhere it to the cardstock spray with a glue dot.
- Add some clear faceted gems from the suite to 4 of the large circles in the wreath.
- Add one gem underneath the sentiment on the inside.
- Attach the vellum cardstock branch by carefully spreading liquid glue on the whole back of the branch and adhere.
- I wanted to inside of the top flap to have some sort of bling on the wreath cut outs. Therefore, I used my clear Wink of Stella pen to the back of the circle. You can see that in the following picture:
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal fun fold card!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a Peachy Day!
On November 7, 2023, new online exclusive products went live.
Here’s an up-close look at this adorable bundle: