Welcome to the Make My Monday challenge # 209. Our host for this challenge, Johanna, chose create your own background for the theme. When you finish here, please visit the challenge site to see the projects created by the rest of the design team. Our hope is that you will be inspired to play along and upload your project to the gallery. We can’t wait to see what you create!
I chose to create a Christmas card. Here’s my monochromatic project:
While the card is mainly Boho Blue, with touches of white, there is some sparkle thanks to Wink of Stella.
- The Boho Blue base measures 11 by 4-1/4 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches.
- After I embossed another piece of Boho Blue cardstock using the Christmas Tidings embossing folder, I trimmed it to 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches.
- The white cardstock for the inside measures 4 by 5-1/4 inches.
- I used scrap white cardstock for the sentiment.
- Finally, I trimmed a piece of Boho Blue 6 x 6 inch DSP to 6 by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. I also punched a 1-inch circle for the envelope seal and then ran it through my XYRON create-a-sticker.
- That’s it for the measurements.
What I Did:
- After trimming the embossed Boho Blue cardstock, I outlined it using Wink of Stella.
- Then, I very lightly swiped the Wink of Stella brush over the embossed cardstock. I held the brush parallel to the cardstock so that the swipes would be very light.
- Even doing light swipes, I thought that there was too much shine. Therefore, I used Boho Blue ink and a blending brush to add ink over the shiny Wink of Stella. This also made the embossed piece pop off the Boho Blue base.
- Since I didn’t have any Boho Blue twine, I took a length of jute and pulled the strands apart.
- Then, I wrapped the twine around the embossed cardstock, and added some Elegant Essentials silver thread to the square knot.
- I used a sentiment from the _____ set, and stamped it in Boho Blue ink.
- I cropped the sentiment using one of the Nested Essentials dies, which can be found in the September – December mini-catalog.
- Next, I added dimensionals to the back of the sentiment panel so it would straddle the jute.
- Using three In Color Boho Blue enamel dots on the sentiment panel, I was able to hide a couple of small smudges of ink.
- I also added dimensionals to the back of the embossed cardstock to allow for the width of the jute.
- After stamping the inside sentiment in Boho Blue, I adhered it to base using multipurpose liquid glue.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you for stopping by today!
Have a Peachy Day!
The September – December Mini Catalog is LIVE!
You can download the following catalog, or find the link on the Stampin’ UP! website. Not surprisingly, some items have already gone on backorder. Now is the time to order your Halloween and some of your Autumn supplies.