Welcome to the 204th Cardz 4 Galz biweekly challenge! Our host, Pamela, chose P is for ….. as the theme. When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge site to see the creations from the rest of the design team members. There’s loads of inspiration, and we would love to see your creations in our gallery.
This past school year I had to make a number of sympathy cards, which are always so personal and difficult. After making one of them, I decided to just make one to have on hand if needed. I’ve kept this peony DSP (designer series paper) just for these cards, even though the paper retired a couple of years ago. However, the layout of the card is a basic one and this card came together quickly.
Here’s my clean and simple P is for ….. Peony card:
Making This Card:
- The Gray Granite base measures 8-1/2 by 5-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- Trim the background DSP to 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches.
- The Petal Pink Peony DSP measures 2-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches.
- I trimmed the gray peony DSP to 5 by 2-1/4 inches.
- After using my embossing buddy I stamped the sentiment on the 2 inch square with VersaMark ink.
- Then, I covered the sentiment with silver embossing powder and heat set it.
- The only dimensionals I used were placed under the sentiment square.
- After using multipurpose liquid glue to adhere the three pieces of DSP, I wrapped a piece of Petal Pink ribbon around the long side of the card and tied it in a bow.
- After trimming a piece of DSP to 6 by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap, I punched a 1-inch circle of coordinating DSP for the envelope seal.
- After running the seal through my XYRON create-a-sticker, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.