Welcome to the new Cardz 4 Galz bi-weekly challenge #202 for today, June 29, 2023. Our host for this time, Helen, chose fun folds for the theme. If you haven’t noticed, I love fun folds! When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge site to see what the rest of the design team created. There’s also a call for new design team members or guest designers for a month (2 challenges). If you are interested, you can find the information there.
I’ll be entering this one in the Creative Creases challenges as well.
Here;s my tri-fold birthday card for my great-niece’s 7th birthday:
I used Debbie Henderson’s video for all the measurements for this card. She used the Countryside Inn suite of products. I used the Bright and Beautiful suite of products along with the deckled rectangle die set. But I, did use her measurements. The only thing I have to do is get the gift card for her present. I will add a pocket on the back of the third panel when I get the card.
NOTE: This card will fit inside a medium white Stampin’ Up! envelope. However, for mailing in the U.S., it will require additional postage (2 stamps will work) in order to be mailed.
Putting the Card Together:
- The Bright and Beautiful DSP (designer series paper) is adhered with multipurpose liquid glue, as are the two deckled rectangle pieces.
- Add dimensionals under all the balloons and decide where your strings need to be stamped BEFORE you adhere the balloons together.
- HINT: I first cropped out the trio of balloons from the die set in black cardstock. That allowed me to adhere the balloons without having to figure out where to place each balloon.
- I used the clear Wink of Stella pen to outline the balloons to make the edges more definitive.
- Stamp the birthday sentiment using Momento Tuxedo Black on a piece of Bright and Beautiful DSP. Crop using the sentiment label die from the Bright and Beautiful die set.
- Outline the die cut using a Basic Black marker.
- Adhere a piece of the adhesive foam sheets to a piece of black cardstock.
- Crop the black cardstock using the same label die.
- Use multipurpose liquid glue to adhere the sentiment DSP panel to the blackcardstock.
- Peel off the backing on the adhesive sheet and adhere it to the middle panel of the card.
- Use baker’s twine to tie a bow through the hole at the top of the sentiment panel.
- I stamped the sentiments on the deckled rectangle pieces using Misty Moonlight after I adhered the balloons.
- Trim a piece of Bright and Beautiful DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- Punch another piece of DSP using your 1-inch circle punch for the envelope seal.
Thank you for stopping by today!
Have a Peachy Day!
If you live in the U.S., the HOST CODE for June is VAMCFNHD.
If you don’t already have a Stampin’ Up! demo with whom you work, I’d love to be your stamping buddy! If you are placing an order for under $150, please use the host code above. If you are placing an order over $150, please contact me so you can get the benefit of the Stampin’ Rewards you will earn. OR, you can take advantage of the joining promotion going on through the end of the month with no long-term commitment! Spend $99 and get $155 of product! Winner!
JUST A COUPLE OF DAYS for ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES!
BOTH OF THE FOLLOWING PROMOTIONS END ON JUNE 30,2023!
It’s a fabulous time to join Stampin’ Up! New team members will get even more FREE products in their customizable Starter Kit. Between 1–30 June, those who sign up can get
$125 USD | $1 65 CAD $155 USD | $206 CAD worth of products for only $99 USD | $135 CAD + free business supplies + free shipping + all the fun being a part of Stampin’ Up!
If you live in the U.S. and want to be a part of my team, please contact me at email@example.com.
Select DSP packs are 15% off until June 30,2023!