Welcome to the newest Cardz 4 Galz bi-weekly challenge! Our host for #201, Lynda, chose using dies or punches. When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge site and are inspired by the rest of the design team to play along with us! We love looking at your creations in our gallery, so please join us.
Here’s my card:
I’ve already posted ladybug cards using the black, red, and white color combination. You can see two of them those cards here and here. However, this time, I added a little “Wobble” underneath each ladybug. Here’s a video (sorry it’s such a massive size) to show you how they work:
The Wobbles can be found on Amazon by clicking the link here.
The googly eyes I used can also be found on Amazon here. I like this 750 piece set because it comes in a container with separate sections for each size eyes. In addition, they are self-adhesive and I don’t think I will ever run out. 750 pieces is a bunch of googly eyes!
Creating the Card:
- Trim a piece of Real Red cardstock to 8-1/2 by 5-1/2 inches and score at 4-1/4 inches.
- Trim a piece of DSP (designer series paper – this particular design is from a retired pack) to 3-1/8 by 4-3/8 inches for inside the scalloped border.
- Trim a coordinating piece of DSP to 6 x 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- After adding the DSP to the scalloped border, add a piece of Real Red ribbon, weaving it through the scallops and tie in a square knot on the front.
- Punch a 2-inch diameter circle of vellum.
- Crop the scalloped border using the largest die in the Scalloped Contours die set.
- Punch two black ladybugs, 2 red wings, and 2 white wings.
- Stamp the black dots from the Hello Ladybug stamp set on the red wings.
- Layer the red wings slightly offset from the white wings and adhere with multipurpose liquid glue.
- Adhere the wings to the ladybugs using the liquid glue.
- Use your embossing buddy on a scrap of Real Red and Basic Black cardstock.
- Stamp the sentiments from the Hello Ladybug stamp set using VersaMark.
- Cover the sentiments with white embossing powder and heat set.
- After cropping the two sentiments using the Stylish Shapes dies, trim the banner die to size.
- Add two matte black dots to the end of the banner.
- Add dimensionals under the Real Red banner and attach to the card.
- Adhere the black circle with the sentiment to the vellum using liquid glue.
- HINT: If you use a craft sponge, you can add a light layer of liquid glue to the back of the vellum to adhere it to the DSP. As long as you lightly cover the whole piece of vellum, you won’t see the glue through the vellum. I keep two make-up sponges in an air-tight container so they are always ready to use.
- Add the Wobbles to the back of the ladybugs and adhere to the card. The Wobbles have two-sided adhesive for the piece attaching to the card and the piece attaching to the ladybug. Just peel off the cover as you would a dimensional, googly eye, or tear and tape adhesive.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 5-1/4 by 4 inches for the inside. I haven’t stamped a sentiment yet on the inside so I used my (favorite!) removable tape to adhere the inside panel so it doesn’t get separated. Here’s the link on Amazon.
- After punching a 1-inch circle using coordinating DSP for the envelope seal, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a Peachy Day!
JUNE is a Wonderful Month in the Stampin’ Up! World!
Select DSP is on sale this month! It’s your chance to stock up! Click on the link below to be taken to the DSP sale flyer.
There’s also a JOIN PROMOTION available in June!
- When new team members purchase their Starter Kit, they will be able to redeem $155 USD of Starter Kit eligible products for just $99 USD! No commitment required beyond the starter kit!