Welcome to the 200th Cardz 4 Galz challenge! Amazing! Our host for #200, Billie A., chose slimline birthday cards as our theme. When you are finished here, I hope you will pop over to the challenge site to see what the rest of the design team members created. I thoroughly enjoy watching the projects get posted on the challenge admin site, and I am sure you will be inspired to play along. Don’t forget to enter your project into our challenge. I’m that person – the one who creates a card for a challenge and then forgets to post it to the challenge sites. Not tonight!
At first, I wasn’t sold on the new In Colors for 2023 – 2025, but they are quickly growing on me. My card for this challenge uses Boho Blue, Copper Clay, the Fresh as a Daisy DSP (designer series paper) and the Fresh as a Daisy Suite Collection (page 110 – 111 in the annual catalog).
Here’s my card
Isn’t the Copper Clay gorgeous with the Boho Blue? Stunning!
Measurements and Such:
- The Copper Clay base measures 9 by 8 inches, scored at 4 inches.
- Trim a piece of the Fresh as a Daisy DSP to 4-3/8 by 3-7/8 inches.
- Crop the daisy pieces and centers from white and Copper Clay cardstock.
- Stamp the greeting using VersaMark on a scrap of Copper Clay cardstock.
- Cover the greeting with white embossing powder and heat set.
- Crop with the banner die from the Cheerful Daisies die set.
- Wrap a length of white baker’s twine around the DSP 3 times and secure the ends on the back of the DSP using tear-&-tape.
- Adhere the DSP to the cardstock using multipurpose liquid adhesive.
- Use white baker’s twine to tie a double bow around the baker’s twine.
- Add dimensionals to the back of the sentiment and daisies. Make sure you put the dimensionals on the greeting banner so they straddle the baker’s twine.
- Adhere the daisies and greeting banner to the DSP.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 4-14 by 3-3/4 inches for the inside of the card.
- Stamp the greeting and adhere the white cardstock to the inside panel.
- Use a legal size envelope for this slimline card. The ones I have ae 4-1/8 by 9-1/2 inches.
- That’s it. This card came together pretty quickly because the DSP does all the work.
Thank you for stopping by today!
Have a Peachy Day!