Welcome to the SU! Demos May Fun Fold Blog Hop! I love fun folds, and am so grateful to Debbie Mageed from Secrets to Stamping for organizing this every month. When you finish here, I hope you will visit the rest of the demos participating in the hop. I’m always inspired by this hop and the creations each demo posts.
Here’s my card:
If this fun fold looks familiar, it’s because I’ve already posted a card with this fold,, and you can see that one here. I originally found this particular fun fold card on Mary Deatherage’s Stamps-n-Lingers page, which you can see here. I used Lemon Lime Twist cardstock, along with the Zoo Crew bundle and DSP from the annual catalog.
- The Lemon Lime Twist base measures 4-1/4 by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches. This creates the front flap.
- The black cardstock piece measures 3-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches. This piece is larger than the original directions. I adjusted the measurements based on the die cuts from the Scalloped Contours die set.
- DSP (designer series paper) pattern # 1 – 5-3/8 by 4-1/8 for the inside panels
- DSP pattern # 2 – 3-7/8 x 4-1/8 inches for. the front flap panel. I used the Scalloped Contour dies for the front panel and the inside.
- DSP pattern # 3 – 3-7/8 x 4-1/8 inches. I colored the flowers using Petal Pink and Lemon Lime Twist markers.
- Don’t forget to trim a piece of DSP to 6 inches .by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. Punch a 1 inch circle from coordinating DSP for the envelope seal.
- I added the black and white gingham ribbon around the front flap. I did use by bone folder to get good creases.
- The Zany Zoo die set will crop the animals out of the DSP, so I didn’t need to stamp and color anything.
- I put dimensionals under the cutie pies on the front flap.
- I used VersaMark and white embossing powder for the front sentiment, which comes from the Zany Zoo stamp set.
- By following Mary’s directions, and with my adjustments, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Back to the SU! Demos Fun Fold Hop!
I hope you hop along with us today! As I said, the demos participating in this hop will provide you with a wealth of inspiration. If you get lost, please follow the links below
- Rae Burnet
- Beth McCullough
- Karen Finkle
- Debbie Mageed
- Lisa Ann Bernard
- Tara Carpenter
- Sue Jackson <<--- YOU ARE HERE!
- Shirley Gentry
Thank you for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Confetti Party Kit!
There’s a new kit added to the already wonderful selection.
What makes this kit spectacular is that it includes shaker card elements! How cool!
Take a look
Here’s an unboxing and directions video by Sara from Stampin’ Up!