Welcome to the latest two-week Cardz 4 Galz challenge. Our theme for challenge #197 is cocktails. When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge site. There’s loads of inspiration from the rest of the design team. We all are looking forward to seeing your creations in our gallery.
I went with bold and bright colors for my card, using Starry Sky, Parakeet Party, and Sweet Sorbet.
Here’s my card:
- The Starry Sky base measures 5-1./2 by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- The Parakeet Party 6 x 6 DSP (designer series paper) for the front measures 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches.
- The Starry Sky DSP for the envelope flap measures 6 by 2-1./2 inches. I punched a 1-inch circle from the Parakeet Party DSP for the envelope seal.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to by 5-1/4 inches.
- I used a piece of white cardstock measuring 5-1/2 by 4-1/4 inches for the sentiment banners and cocktails.
- First, crop the Parakeet Party DSP using one of the Split Textures dies.
- Tie white bakers’ twine around the left side of the DSP.
- Adhere the cropped DSP to the base using multipurpose liquid glue.
- Stamp the two front sentiments in Starry Sky on the white cardstock.making sure that you will be able to crop the sentiments using 2 banner dies from Stylish Shapes.
- Punch small holes using a hole punch in the sentiment banners. Thread a piece of the Starry Sky ribbon through the holes and tie in a knot.
- The cocktails require two-step stamping. I stamped the cocktail outline using Momento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Next, stamp the cocktail/ice cubes stamp in Sweet Sorbet on the cocktail outlines.
- Then, stamp the lemon (which probably should have been a lime) using Daffodil Delight.
- I stamped the cocktail umbrella using Starry Sky.
- Crop the cocktails. using the Love You More Than dies, which are on the last chance product list for $18.
- Add dimensionals under the sentiment banners and three of the cocktail glasses.
- Adhere to the front of the card.
- Next, stamp the inside sentiment on the white cardstock using Starry Sky ink.
- Use multipurpose liquid glue to adhere the white cardstock to the base and the cocktail to the white cardstock.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today.
Have a Peachy Day!
The HOST CODE for April is 7DX93FFA!
If you are placing an order under $150, please use the host code above.
If you are placing an order over $150, please contact me so you can get credit for your STAMPIN’ REWARDS, which are good for additional products on your order.
Any order over $50 gets a special something from me.
n Colors 2023-2025:
It seems so strange to be writing 2025 as the ending year of the new In Colors!
One of the things I love about new colors is the NEW IN COLOR PAPER PUMPKIN KIT! It always comes out the month of the new In Color rollout, and this year is no different.
Just the photo of the box is wonderful! I can’t imagine what the inside kit will look like!