Welcome to the February Stampin’ UP! Demonstrator Fun Fold Blog Hop! The demos in the blog hop all chose their own fun folds, and I always learn something fun. When you finish here, I hope you hop along with the other demos using the list below.
Another big plus for the fun fold blog hop is that the projects automatically qualify for the Creative Creases Challenge. Yeah!
Here’s my Fun fold card:
I’ve done this card using an 8-1/2 by 5-1/2 inch cardstock base. However, its much easier to do it with a 12 by 5-1/2 inch card base.
- The white cardstock base measures 12 by 5-1/2 inches.
- Score the base at 4-1/4, 6, and 7-3/4 inches.
- HINT: I find it easier to score at 4-1/4 and 6 inches. Then, I flip the cardstock and score at 4-1/4 inches from the opposite end.
- Trim 2 pieces of black cardstock to 5-1/2 by 4-1/4 inches..
- You need two DSP pieces measuring 5-3/8 by 4-1/8 inches.
- Trim two pieces of DSP to 1-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches for the inside folds.
- Trim a piece of DSP to 6 by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- Punch a 1-inch circle for the envelope seal.
- Using the Butterfly Brilliance die set, crop three butterflies’ bodies from coordinating DSP.
- Crop three detailed butterflies in black cardstock.
- Use an embossing buddy to clean off black cardstock to prep for Versamark.
- Stamp your sentiment using Versamark. Cover the sentiment in white embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.
- Crop the sentiment panel and add dimensionals under it.
- Adhere the black cardstock to the front and inside of the card using multipurpose liquid glue.
- Wrap some baker’s twine around the front DSP and tie it in a bow.
- Adhere all the pieces of the DSP to the outside, inside, and the two folded panels using multipurpose liquid adhesive.
- After adhering the two pieces of each butterfly, add dimensionals under the two for the front.
- Adhere the left side of the third butterfly using multipurpose liquid glue to the inside folds.
- Finally, add three matte black enamel dots to the front of the card.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Back to the Demo Fun Fold Blog Hop:
Thank you very much for joining us. There’s so much inspiration to be found with each of these projects. If you get lost, follow the line-up below:
- Debbie Mageed
- Jessica Atchison
- Beth McCullough
- Mary Deatherage
- Karen Finkle
- Jackie Beers
- Melissa Seplowitz
- Sue Jackson <<—YOU ARE HERE!
- Rae Burnet
- Lisa Ann Bernard
Thank you for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
What a beautiful M fun fold card, Sue! Love the papers you chose and the butterflies are perfect for a spring card. Thanks for being in the blog hop this month!
I haven’t seen this fold, or from these angles maybe. Adorable. And your butterflies are wonderful with the paper.
Very pretty card, Sue. Love the colors.
This is a lovely card!
Such a pretty card Sue. I love the color palette and those butterflies are just perfect!!
Very pretty. I will have to try this fold.