Welcome to the November SU! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop. I am so happy that I am able to participate in this Fun Fold Blog Hop with these wonderful and talented demos. At the end of this post, I hope you will hop along with all of us using the line-up at the bottom.
Here’s my fun-fold card:
If this fold looks familiar, I made one for the November InKing Royalty Blog Hop. You can see that card here. I’m so happy that I found this card while searching Pinterest for a new to me fun fold earlier this month. Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom posted an awesome tutorial that you can see here. She posted templates, and then I made my own so I can keep them in my little journal of stamping.
Here are my templates:
What I Did:
- The Merry Merlot cardstock back base measures 4-1/4 by 5-1/2 inches.
- The second pieces of cardstock measures 4-1/4 by 11 inches. For scoring, you can do it one of two ways. First, score this piece at 2, 3-3/4, 7-1/4 and 9 inches. OR, you can score at 2 and 3-3/4 inches, then flip the paper 180 degrees and score at 2 and 3-3/4 inches on the opposite end.
- Following another Stampin’ Pal from Mary Fish’s Stampin’ Pretty demo group, I have challenged myself to use all of the retired Beauty of the Earth DSP I still have. I used this beautiful pattern for the very front measures 3-3/4 by 4-1/8 inches. The second piece measures 1-3/4 by 4 inches.
- .The two outside pieces of the same DSP pattern each measure 7/8 by 4-1/8 inches. The piece for the very inside of the card comes from retired Merry Merlot 6 x 6 inch DSP and measures 3-1/4 by 4 inches.
- While I had the Beauty of the Earth DSP handy, I punched a 1-inch circle for the envelope seal. Then, I ran it through my XYRON to create a sticker.
- I trimmed a piece of the Merry Merlot 6 x 6 inch DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- I used scrap pieces of from the same Neutrals pack of retired 6 x 6 inch DSP for the leaves and branches on the front and the white cropped piece the inside sentiment.
- I simply wrapped a piece of the faux suede ribbon around the front DSP piece. I adhered it in the back using two pieces of tear-n-tape..
- Finally, I stamped the front sentiment in Soft Suede. Then, I cropped it using the banner die from the Stylish Dies set. Next, I used my Merry Merlot marker to outline the banner. I did put dimensionals under the banner to pop it up a bit.
- HINT: Since the banner is thin, it was hard to get the banner to lay flat. In order to help the sentiment banner lay flat, I added three glue dots under the ribbon. That seems to have helped.
- The sentiment on the inside comes from the Fond of Autumn stamp set. I used Early Espresso ink for this sentiment. Then, I cropped it using one of the deckled rectangle dies.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Back to the SU! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop:
When you finish here, I hope you will hop along to the other demos’ sites. I know I am really looking forward to seeing what everyone else created. As soon as my card goes live, I am going to add it to the gallery for the Creative Creases Challenge. I can’t wait to see what you create and add to the challenge as well.
Fun Fold Lineup
Basic Crafting Supplies:
Host Code – YPADJBGR
Timeless Greetings Kit Now Available!
Take a look at this wonderful new kit, which became available on November 15, 2022:
One of the things I really like about this kit is that the cards have a more masculine feel to them. It’s on my next order so I can add these cards to the organizers I am making for Christmas presents for my mom and also my aunt.
If you’re not convinced using a kit is for you, check out this unboxing video:
This kit is a winner!
If you live in the U.S. and don’t already have a demonstrator, I’d be honored to work with you.
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do, especially since you can earn FREE products with a qualifying purchase!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you an get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.